Union City wrestling

UCWYATT

Cameron Troxell stud? oh get out of town hahahahahaahaha sorry I had to, use to coach with him at Bloomington North.

Thats great. Cameron is a great young man. We wrestled BN earlier this year, and I noticed that he was no longer coaching there. Any idea where he is now or why he isn't coaching there anymore?

I talked to him earlier this year, and I believe he said something about Louisville.  Not sure if he is doing more school there or if he found a job there.  He did not coach last year to continue with his grad school. 

I must admit, I expected nothing less from you Blane!  I resigned my coaching position last year so that I could finish my master's degree. I wasn't going to be able to commit enough time to the program, so I couldn't justify remaining on staff. I have missed coaching ever since.

Blane is correct, I have moved to Louisville to pursue a job (working for the man, just like everyone else). I'm hoping to get a different job that could free up some evenings so that I might be able to help out with a high school/club down here next season.

If I may ask, can you reveal your identity TC?

I remember a coach that left our school and went to Union City.  It was in the late 70"s and his name if I remember correctly was Craig Welch.  He coached my brother in Junior High.  Funny thing I went to college with his nephew Justin Welch who if I remember correctly was a pretty good wrestler when he was is school.  He was pretty shocked when I new where Union City was and asked if he was related to Craig.  This past summer my son played in an All-Star Baseball tourney in UC.  They have a very nice complex and we had a great time.  Is Craig still around UC?  He was a super guy.

I remember a coach that left our school and went to Union City.  It was in the late 70"s and his name if I remember correctly was Craig Welch.  He coached my brother in Junior High.  Funny thing I went to college with his nephew Justin Welch who if I remember correctly was a pretty good wrestler when he was is school.  He was pretty shocked when I new where Union City was and asked if he was related to Craig.  This past summer my son played in an All-Star Baseball tourney in UC.  They have a very nice complex and we had a great time.  Is Craig still around UC?  He was a super guy.

I'm not sure of the answer to this Lion, but I bet that my dad knows. He wrestled for Union City in the mid-70's.

Speaking of good wrestlers from Union City though, the teams of the late 80's and early 90's were the best ones in the school's history. They won the New Castle regional in 1991 (i think). They had several good wrestlers during that era, one of which was Matt Taylor who was a 4th place finisher at state.

Wyatt, are you related to Clay? He was on the team when I was a kid and used to hang around practices and meets. He was pretty tough in his day too!

I must admit, I expected nothing less from you Blane!  I resigned my coaching position last year so that I could finish my master's degree. I wasn't going to be able to commit enough time to the program, so I couldn't justify remaining on staff. I have missed coaching ever since.

Blane is correct, I have moved to Louisville to pursue a job (working for the man, just like everyone else). I'm hoping to get a different job that could free up some evenings so that I might be able to help out with a high school/club down here next season.

If I may ask, can you reveal your identity TC?

Ya its Mark Mathews from Union County....I'm coaching now at Triton Central.

Union City has had some very good wrestlers in the past 10 years.  I'm glad to hear that Mr. Troxell is doing well.  I admired him when we were wrestling in the conference.  What happened to Mason Holden.  I wrestled him as a freshman as well.

root was one heck of a coach

union city has always had decent individuals... as well as the other randolph schools.  imagine them as a county school

i mean the martins from randolph southern, jones family from winchester, i dont really know much about monroe central though...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.