weigh in's

consecobound

Can someone tell me where I can find the rules on making weight before sectionals?  I had a coach tell a kid that he could not challenge his weight class this week because he didn't weigh in last Saturday. Does anyone know if this is correct? Thanks for any help. I just want to read up on the rules.

This is it.

The Regulation

1. All wrestlers must have a minimum of six (6) ?qualifying? weigh-ins prior to Monday, January

25, 2010 which is the Monday prior to the sectional and the day of the seeding meetings.

The six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur between November 16, 2009 and January 25,

2010. Additionally, one of the six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur in the month of

January 2010 and at least one (1) of the qualifying weigh-ins must be at scratch weight for

the weight class the wrestler is entered into the IHSAA tournament series. A weigh-in at

scratch weight is defined as a wrestler weighing in at or below the actual poundage of the

weight class (i.e. ? a wrestler weighs in at 111.9 achieves a scratch weigh in for the 112

pound weight class)

2. A qualifying weigh-in occurs when a wrestler weighs in at or above his/her minimum weight

for that date as determined by the individual wrestler?s weight management plan. As per

IHSAA by-law 60-2.b, a weigh-in for a tournament shall count as one weigh-in toward the

total of six (6).

3. For a wrestler to be eligible for the IHSAA tournament series, their coach must possess an

official IHSAA Individual Wrestler Weigh-In Record sheet for each wrestler they intend to

enter into the tournament series. This document is available on the IHSAA website at

www.ihsaa.org under Boys Sports > Wrestling > Wrestling Forms. This record must reflect

each weigh-in for the wrestler and six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must be present prior to

Monday, January 25, 2010. This record, along with the individual weight loss plan

generated by the NWCA internet calculator must be present at the seeding meeting on

Monday, January 25, 2010.

4. A wrestler must have passed his/her specific gravity urine test and have been measured for

body fat percentages with all data entered into the NWCA internet calculator and a

report generated for that student prior to their first competition.

5. A coach may enter his wrestler in the IHSAA tournament series in any weight class that

wrestler may be eligible for provided that wrestler has adhered to their individual weight

management program that states a wrestler may never lose more than 1 ? % of their body

weight per week.

6. At no time may a wrestler compete in a weight class lower than he/she is entered on the

IHSAA sectional entry list.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.