Mishawaka Sectionals

SingleLeg13

Sectionals is coming just around the corner. Anyone have any predictions on who will make it to regionals?

here are mine:

1. Witous-Penn

2. Ferdig- South Bend Adams

3. Martsoff- Mishawaka

4. Strean- South Bend Clay

1. Beck-Mishawaka

2. Varner-Penn

3. Glueckert-South Bend Clay

4. Sailors-South Bend Riley

1. Gregory-Penn

2. Olsen-South Bend Adams

3. Hinton-South Bend Washington

4. Binion-Mishawaka

1. Wisler-Mishawaka

2. Hartman-South Bend Clay

3. Chapple-Penn

4. Martinez-South Bend Riley

1. Shrader-Mishawaka

2. Manspeaker-Penn

3. Fowler- South Bend Washington

4. Dixon-South Bend Adams

1. Sokol-Penn

2. Guerra- Mishawaka

3. Kolat-South Bend Riley

4. Davis- South Bend Adams

140 (weakest class)

1. Eddy-Mishawaka

2. Anglemyer-Penn

3. Stroud-South Bend Clay

4. Anderson- South Bend Riley

1. Davenport-Penn

2. Lunford- South Bend Clay

3. Marshall- Mishawaka

4. Lymburner- South Bend Riley

1. Stahl-Mishawaka

2. Hummer-Penn

3. Reynolds-Smith- South Bend Riley

4. Fisher- South Bend Washington

160 (tied for toughest class)

1. Kunze-Penn

2. A. White-Mishawaka

3. M. White-South Bend Washington

4. Alwine-South Bend Clay

1. Wiseman-Penn

2. Morin-Mishawaka

3. Klockowl-Mishawaka Marian

4. Cobbin- South Bend Saint Joseph

1. Buckingham-South Bend Riley

2. Abu-Mishawaka

3. Bagiackas- South Bend Saint Joseph

4. Barlow-South Bend Adams

215 (tied for toughest class)

1. Lentz-Mishawaka

2. McDaniels- South Bend Washington

3. Gallegos- South Bend Clay

4. Neely-South Bend Adams

1. Thomas-Mishawaka

2. Johnson-Penn

3. Nixon-South Bend Clay

4. Cochran-South Bend Riley

I saw Martsoff wrestle witous from Penn. And Martsoff wrestled him rather tough. I think Martsoff might have a shot at Witous come sectional time. Here a a couple reasons.

1) Martsoff as a Freshman will more than likely make greater improvements from early december to early Feburary. Seems to me that the younger guys are going to improve more during the year than a senior.

2) Lets face it, one of the reasons witous is so tough is because of hi physiology, i really doubt Martsoff has ever wrestled someone with Witous' build before, I think once a wrestler wrestles a guy like Witous they are going to start understanding what they can and can not do against him.

Of course all of this depends upon if martsoff gets a shot at witous or not, I have not seen Ferdig wrestle, and I have no idea how good he is.

I didn't see Martsoff wrestle against Witous but I heard it was a tough match, and yes Martsoff will improve more throughout this season thatn Witous, but I believe Witous is experienced enough to still beat Martsoff. And Ferdig is a tough wrestler, he has great shots and is good on his feet and beat Martsoff earlier in the season 14-4. What I believe will happen though is:

Witous will beat Ferdig at the NIC SuperDual giving Witous the number 1 seed, Ferdig the number 2 seed, and Martsoff the number 3 seed for sectionals. Then Ferdig and Martsoff would have to wrestle off to get into the championship and I think Ferdig will still beat a much improved Martsoff but it would be closer. I saw Martsoff would keep it under 3.

Sectionals is coming just around the corner. Anyone have any predictions on who will make it to regionals?

here are mine:

1. Witous-Penn

2. Ferdig- South Bend Adams

3. Martsoff- Mishawaka

4. Strean- South Bend Clay

1. Beck-Mishawaka

2. Varner-Penn

3. Glueckert-South Bend Clay

4. Sailors-South Bend Riley

1. Gregory-Penn

2. Olsen-South Bend Adams

3. Hinton-South Bend Washington

4. Binion-Mishawaka

1. Wisler-Mishawaka

2. Hartman-South Bend Clay

3. Chapple-Penn

4. Martinez-South Bend Riley

1. Shrader-Mishawaka

2. Manspeaker-Penn

3. Fowler- South Bend Washington

4. Dixon-South Bend Adams

1. Sokol-Penn

2. Guerra- Mishawaka

3. Kolat-South Bend Riley

4. Davis- South Bend Adams

140 (weakest class)

1. Eddy-Mishawaka

2. Anglemyer-Penn

3. Stroud-South Bend Clay

4. Anderson- South Bend Riley

1. Davenport-Penn

2. Lunford- South Bend Clay

3. Marshall- Mishawaka

4. Lymburner- South Bend Riley

1. Stahl-Mishawaka

2. Hummer-Penn

3. Reynolds-Smith- South Bend Riley

4. Fisher- South Bend Washington

160 (tied for toughest class)

1. Kunze-Penn

2. A. White-Mishawaka

3. M. White-South Bend Washington

4. Alwine-South Bend Clay

1. Wiseman-Penn

2. Morin-Mishawaka

3. Klockowl-Mishawaka Marian

4. Cobbin- South Bend Saint Joseph

1. Buckingham-South Bend Riley

2. Abu-Mishawaka

3. Bagiackas- South Bend Saint Joseph

4. Barlow-South Bend Adams

215 (tied for toughest class)

1. Lentz-Mishawaka

2. McDaniels- South Bend Washington

3. Gallegos- South Bend Clay

4. Neely-South Bend Adams

1. Thomas-Mishawaka

2. Johnson-Penn

3. Nixon-South Bend Clay

4. Cochran-South Bend Riley

I'm going to have to disagree with placements on a few of these classes. 119 Binion wont be the 4. he will make some noise and is learning not to make the decisions that could cost him the match. 135 Guerra will win, just too tough. as with 160 and Al White. Both guys have 2 wins against the penn kids. I would keep and eye on Penn's 189 to make noise as well. and with the whole Martsoff Witous talk. I think Martsoff has improved immensely but i'll take Witous' experience in this encounter.

Oh, by all means if i were putting money on the martsoff/witous match, i would put money on Witous with his experience. However, I really want to see them wrestle again, mainly because I think it would be a rather good match.

I also agree that it will all come down to seedings. I have never seen Ferdig wrestle, so I can't say anything about a Martsoff/witous match.

I'm going to have to disagree with placements on a few of these classes. 119 Binion wont be the 4. he will make some noise and is learning not to make the decisions that could cost him the match. 135 Guerra will win, just too tough. as with 160 and Al White. Both guys have 2 wins against the penn kids. I would keep and eye on Penn's 189 to make noise as well. and with the whole Martsoff Witous talk. I think Martsoff has improved immensely but i'll take Witous' experience in this encounter.

Binion is a good wrestler but I don't think he'll be good enough to beat Olsen or Gregory. Sokol and Guerra will be another good match-up but seeing Guerra lose to Hill at Al Smith in the last second makes me think he'll lose in the last Second to Sokol. Sokol is tough and will take it to Guerra the whole match. And 160 is going to be tough to call that was just my best guess Both Whites and Kunze have an equal shot at the championship. Also Markovich can you tell me where I messed up so I can fix it. Thanks.

I have to agree with mhsfan09, most of these predictions have kids in the wrong weight classes.  Plus, a lot of kids mentioned have turned around there seasons.  It is a great sectional, and it will all play out at the end.

Binion is a good wrestler but I don't think he'll be good enough to beat Olsen or Gregory. Sokol and Guerra will be another good match-up but seeing Guerra lose to Hill at Al Smith in the last second makes me think he'll lose in the last Second to Sokol. Sokol is tough and will take it to Guerra the whole match. And 160 is going to be tough to call that was just my best guess Both Whites and Kunze have an equal shot at the championship. Also Markovich can you tell me where I messed up so I can fix it. Thanks.

if you wanna play off the al smith see the Guerra Sokol match and the White Kunze match. i believe White and Guerra both won. so just because Guerra gets reversed in the last second after going through a pretty challenging road to face Hill, doesnt give any credibility to Guerra losing to Sokol

It's a personal opinion, I just think Sokol will turn it on in Sectionals, last time they wrestled it was pretty close. These are predictions here, well see when Sectionals come around. One of the better matches hopefully to take place.

Laville's best two kids are at 119 and 152.  I see them on the fringe of placing top 4.

Idk about the Laville's kids, but i'd say 119 has gregory, olsen, binion, and hinton as top 4 period, thats a pretty solid group, and if the number 5 guy is close to those 4 id actually be really surprised, now at 152, with stahl, alwine, and hummer, its solid too,  those being my top three pick, but then again, i don't know lavilles kid, he might be able to find his way in but reynolds-smith is going to be tough

Teams at the Mishawaka Sectionals are:

1. Mishawaka

2. Penn

3. South Bend Saint Joseph's

4. South Bend Riley

5. South Bend Clay

6. South Bend Washington

7. South Bend Adams

8. Mishawaka Marian

9. LaVille

No one usually knows about LaVille's wrestlers until Sectionals time, although South Bend Saint Joe did wrestle them Tuesday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.