Jeff sectional

center7024

What is the early word here who is going what weight class.  Here are the top returning guys at last years weights if anyone knows who is where or who isnt wrestling go ahead and throw that out here.

103. Sheppard Jeff,  Lahue Corydon,  Kelly FC

112. Smith Jeff,  Wolf Ctown,  Thomas FC

119. Stotridge Ctown, Miller Jeff,  Freeman Eastern

125. Martin NA, Weekly Jeff,  Emerson FC

130. Witt FC, Fowler Corydon,  ?

135. Massingham NW,  Kessinger NA

140. Newcomb Ctown, Hamm NA

145. Newcomb Ctown, Moberley FC,  Hendricks Jeff

152. Sampson NW, Tatenghorst Jeff,  ?

160. Golembeski Prov,  Daugherty Ctown,  ?

171. Browner Jeff,  Libretto Prov,  Humphrey Salem

189. Bowen Jeff,  Conn NA, ?

215. Dewitt Corydon,  Mudd NA

285. Hoke NA, Adams NW

Here is what I know so far for Jeff. Of course we will see how things shake out once practice starts. It should be a very tough line up with few week spots.

103 - Shepherd  - So. - SS Qualifier

112 - Smith - Sr. - SS Qualifier

119 - Miller - Sr. - SS Qualifier

125 - Vasquez ??? - So.

130 - Weekly ??? - Jr. - SS Qualifier

135 - Dryden ??? Sr.

140 - Harbin ?? Jr.

145 - Hendricks ??? - Sr. - SS Qualifier

152 - Tatgenhorst ??? - Jr.

160 - O'Brien or Dodge - both Sr.

171 - Browner - Sr. - SS Qualifier

189 - Bowen - Jr.

215 - Pratt - Jr.

HWT - not sure yet, several kids at this weight

this sectional is rediculously weak. jeff, floyd, charlestown, and new albany will send most of the kids. corydon will have a couple. real question is which team will be the one to be beat. jeff surprised everyone by domiating last year. they lost a few key pieces but had a huge jv team. charlestown was tough but you never know until january about them. new albany was getting tougher. i think floyd might be the best team again from what i saw with their middle school last year. they were very tough. they folded last year but i would look for them to bounce back big time this year. they might still be a year away though.

1 jeff

2. floyd

3. na

4. charlestown

5. corydon

in terms of state placers yes this is a very weak sectional and followed by a weak regional.  your team predictions are a little off.

jeff

floyd

charlestown

new albany

providence

corydon=salem, corydon will be down this year might only have 2 kids make it out of sectional

i spaced on providence. they are always tough but cookie left so we'll see how they do.

1 jeff

2 floyd

3 na - my pick to improve the most over last year

4 charlestown

5 providence

there are a lot of good wrestlers in this sectional, not meaning weak overall. just team wise. half the teams can't fill roster spots or just bring 5 or 6 guys. last year guys were getting byes into the regional round. i think floyd and jeff sent about 12 wrestlers each to semi state last year and got 1 through between them.

The only one that i'm saying since i'm not quite familiar with all the kids or anything this year, is Tatgenhorst should be a favorite if he comes to wrestle. I say this because i had the pleasure of wrestling him about 4 times last year and struggled with himm, but when it came time for sectionals, he didn't do to hot. But if he's on his game, i'd say he's a fairly good pick.

Unless some sort of Devine Intervention is involved.  Jeff will and should dominate this sectional.  They are very talented in numerous weights.  Struck has done a tremendous job rebuilding this program

i agree that struck may be starting a dynasty at jeff. he by far has the best program top to bottom right now in the area and is getting very good numbers out.

i wouldn't overlook fc though. they had a great middle school program. they manage to be competitive for first every year and word is they have broght in some new coaches to try to get there edge back.

based on numbers alone jeff should at the very least do well but add in a coach who is one of the best in southern indiana and i have to agree with you jeff is here to stay.  i do not think this means that year in and year out they are above floyd though because i think when it comes to the tech side of the sport their coaches are far and away the best in this sectional. 

Its a little early to worrying about sectionals.. The top 3 teams last year all had a lot of very good seniors that are now gone.  How the newcomers step up and develop will tell the story.  There are many teams with some very good wrestlers and it will once again be a sectional/season filled with upsets and suprises. Good luck to all, teams/coaches/and wrestlers! Its gonna be an exctiting year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.