National Observations

At least they finally mentiond that Andrew's only high school loss was to Reece  :)

Ahem.... yes they did :)  I wonder how they found that tidbit out?

I'll have a list of observations from the trip with the three wisemen later.  Trust me if you don't laugh you don't have a sense of humor.

I'll add more later

1. Cab drivers in St. Louis are scary!

2. Angel Escobedo- I can’t help but wonder how he’d do if he would have had the surgery last year. I would love to see a 100% Angel vs. Nickerson. I hope he has a full recovery and comes back to finish with a title.

3. Alex Tsirtsis- I could have made a great deal of money betting people he would only AA once. He was so close to the top, yet it seemed so far away. I hope he makes a run at a the Olympics as he may be better suited for freestyle than folkstyle.

4. Reece Humphrey- He improved drastically this year and I hope to see him improve more next year. He is a joy to watch when he opens up.

5. Andrew Howe- Great year and I look forward to seeing what the future brings. Has anyone else noticed the resemblance to Donny Prtizlaf? I swear they could be brothers.

6. Alex Dolly- Wow, he could hold the record for most wins at the NCAAs without ever being on the podium. He was so close so many times, I feel for him. He had an outstanding career and came back from so much adversity. And to think he never even won a state title!

7. The other Indiana wrestlers represented very well and I hope to see more and more in the next few years. Indiana has a great crop of wrestlers at the collegiate level right now.

8. Caldwell vs. Metcalf was great, I wish it would have been the last match. The other final matches were dull and everyone knew nothing could top that match.

9. The Iowa fans are NUTS, I swear they were half the crowd. You could tell when they were winning a big match.

10. RankingsGuy ain’t gay, lets just leave it at that!

11. The Arch is pretty cool, other than the pod thing they send you up in!

12. Downtown St. Louis closes at like 6pm. It’s hard to find something open past that time for necessities such as root beer and cold medicine.

13. I was amazed ESPN used the tidbit I gave them about Howe. Tim Johnson liked the info when I told him, but it didn’t look like he would use it. I felt special when AJ said they mentioned it!

14. The Munster Donut ROCKS! The chocolate angel is very angelic.

15. It was really cool seeing and talking to two of my former teammates as they were coaching at the DI level.