Great matches at State

MCKAJC

Once again we were treated to some great matches Saturday and Sunday.

Josh Stewarts take down w/10 sec. to go to win 11-9 over a very tough Danny Baker in Novice 90# Championship

Jake Tuckers take down w/10 sec. to go to win 5-4 over a bruising Brock Morgan in the Novice 80# Championship

Baily Lehue fighting off a relentless Brett Johnson in the Championship(6-0) at Novice 75#

Jason Crary in a barn burner 13-8 over Blake Rypel in the Championship at Novice 85#

Chad Red jr. holding off a Tyler Ferguson 4-0 in the Championship at Novice 65#

Nate Walton rolling to another State Championship over a very impressive Ethan Smiley at Inter. 75#(I loved Smiley's composer, even when he came off his back he never let down.)

Jacob Grey scoring fast and holding off Cody Crary 5-2 in the Semi's at Inter. 80#

Congratulations to all, thanks for the memories.

These were some that I remembered, let's hear some of the others.

Not a Championship match but a great match between to good wrestlers.  Interm 50lbs Trey Lane (Contenders) vs Lucas Finger (Lowell).

With 4 or 5 blood stoppage (Trey's nose), Trey was down 4-2 in 3rd with 14sec left and he was in the down postion. Trey scores an escape and a takedown to a fall with 3 sec left.

It was a great match with both wrestlers giving a 100% till the end.

Tucker Morgan(take down was probably at about 30sec. to go but was'nt called til 15 to go luckily I was not working the table at that time so I was able to enjoy watching that 1 )Crary Rypel WERE 2 OF THE BEST FINALS  were alot of great first round matches that could have been finals CJ and Blake G at N65 and N65 was loaded with good ones Fergusan Coy  Coy Hudkins were 2 I caught some of.  congrats to all who wrestled this weekend and good luck to those going next    Herrick  Van Horn in the quaters of N90 was another

Josh Stewart  was the dark-horse at novice 90lbs. This kid is tuff as they come. As a 5th grader he won all of his middle school matches. On Saturday March 7th won Adams Central Inv. and took 1st at evey tournament (never tested) they went to. Pinning some big nammed kids.Who do you think would win if Stewart and Crary meet at 90 at STATE?

Josh Stewart  was the dark-horse at novice 90lbs. This kid is tuff as they come. As a 5th grader he won all of his middle school matches. On Saturday March 7th won Adams Central Inv. and took 1st at evey tournament (never tested) they went to. Pinning some big nammed kids.Who do you think would win if Stewart and Crary meet at 90 at STATE?

I agree that it could be a good match but the outcome would probably change each time they met. At this age, there are not many that are consistent among wrestlers of similar skills. Sure, they dominate the average, but they are all nearly even at the top.  Look at the top placers from State in the 80-90 range:  Tucker, Morgan, Crary, Rypel, Shipley, Shurg, Bennett.  How many times have they beaten each other over the years?  I bet most of them are atleast 1:1 if not more.  Any given Sunday...  I know some thought there were a few "guaranteed" champs this past weekend that were upset.  The outcome between Tucker/Morgan, Rypel/Crary, Stewart/Baker, Stewart/Bennett, could be completely different if they went at it again.  Same applies to many others outside of the weight range that I am looking at.  Griffith/Hughes went 1:1 this weekend.

Has Stewart wrestled any of the other ones?  Didn't he lose to Griffith recently?

I agree with you anybody can be beaten on any given day. As far as  Griffith yes at B-wars nail bitter and Baker at Bellmont 9-6 . If you looked at the TOP BRACKET at novice 90lbs all heavey hitters. This was Stewart's day!!!!!!!!!!

Great match between Hunter Fox and Cody LeCount. They went at each other until the very end. Both boys battled hard and both boys had the oppertunity to pin the other. Cody had Hunter in a cradle in the first and Hunter hit a great lat toss to put Cody on his back at the end of the second. Great match boys and CONGRATS to Hunter.

Andre Richards and Isah Bass The first match of the day was these two they battled all day. Andre won that match 6-1 Bass went to the loser bracket to pin everyone else he wrestled. Andre lost in the 4th round to go to the loser bracket two matches later Andre and Bass met up again and went it went into overtime Bass took Andre down in OT to win the math and to take third came all the way back to get third Great job!!  Andre ended up with 7th ?

I also wanted to say great job to Jared McKinley, Joe Keiffer and Justin Keiffer- and all others for winning state last weekend. It is great to see the kids you watch grow up being sucessful some of the best, the Mason Todd vs. Jared McKinley match was really good also!! Great Job to all!! Where was the Cathedral guy's? I was really hoping to see Tyler Willis up there as a first year Cadet. And Jackson Bratcher state down the road, where was ya?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.