Warren Central tournament

Jacob

I don`t know if they bit off more than they could chew but this tournament was horrible. They had three tournaments going on at the same time: Beginners, open and a girls tourney. Even with all three, my guess is that the numbers were under three hudred combined. I saw a lot of kids who were placing in their brackets leaving before it was over.

We went here because we had not done anything at the school club all year. They were going here so we decided to go with them instead of Perry. I wish we would not have. The reason is, it was a wasted day. I heard that last year this was a well ran tourney.

I hope they had a good day at Perry,

my kid wrestled in the girls tournament and the boys.  the girls started at ten.  boys was supposed to start at nine.  we were completely finished wrestling four matches in the girls and the boys still hadn't started.  They told me they couldnt put brackets up because it would have taken 3 hours to put bout numbers on.  they had five hours after it was supposed to start.  they should have stopped weigh ins at 8 but i think it was like eleven or twelve.  it didnt seem like they had too many parents.  I think yhey tried it was just very unorganized.  i would have left but we had four matches before it started.  i had to literally go find a kid that was fifty and go tell somebody to write out the sheet or i think we owuld have left at midnight.  ???

They were very unorganized and unfriendly. The wait to wrestled from age group to age group was much longer than needed. They allowed university wrestlers to bump down to junior, and the kids that wrestled from university didn't follow the junior's rules (headgear, etc.).

To all of you that went to warren yesterday, I am sorry you had such a horrible time. In the past when we have ran tournaments, they were usually ran by Dave Fleming, or Sharon Wise. We have a new group of parents running the club this year and they have done their best to run out all of the old guard. The school will be made aware of the problems so that corrective actions can be made.

They were very unorganized and unfriendly. The wait to wrestled from age group to age group was much longer than needed. They allowed university wrestlers to bump down to junior, and the kids that wrestled from university didn't follow the junior's rules (headgear, etc.).

University may not drop to the Junior age group, however I think a Junior may wrestle up to University if they have completed their schoolastic wrestling. The use of headgear is not required for Juniors in freestyle competition.

I am not suprised they were unoganized, see below. However there is never a need to be unfriendly. For that I am sorry.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.