The Sandefer Dance Video

CaptainAmerica

Loved the comment at the bottom of the article. "Your a lucky kid, Al Smith would've grabbed you by the ear and drug you off the mat for sure!"

Ok this is going to get off topic some but this needs to be said. As a guy who has known Coach smith (he will always be coach to me) and wrestled coach Smith, I do believe he would not have been as acceptable of the dance as Snyder was. However, please let coach Smith say what he would have done and not speculate what he would have done. Only coach Smith knows what he would have done in that situation and unless her personally said something like that no one has the right to say that.

That being said, as a former wrestler under Coach Smith I can truly say this. I can only recall him yelling at our entire team while I was on varsity two times. One was a terrible showing against Penn my Jr. year, the other was a butt chewing after we beat Jimtown.... what was the reason for the butt chewing you may ask? Well we did not show enough emotion and did not do any celebrating after we beat a very solid Jimtown team in a close dual.

well i have just heard "al smith would not approve of (insert issue here)"  enough, and quite frankly it gets annoying. No one has a right to say what coach smith would say, but yet they use what they feel he would say to justify things. This was far from the first time I heard such a comment and I doubt it will be the last but i think this issue needs to be addressed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.