Coaches Trophy

The IHSWCA Coaches' Cup has been given out to the Team who scores the most points at the Individual State Meet. This has been going on as long at the Team Tournament became the manner in which to decide the State Champion 1995-96.  The trophies - 1st, 2nd, 3rd are awarded at the Annual Hall of Fame Banquet the day after the Ind. State Meet. The IHSWCA asked many times if they could announce an unofficial score of the Individual meet, but were always turned down, as the IHSAA stated that there would not be two different state championship teams. Many times the dual team has been the same as the Individual team, I'll have to research my records, but often they are different. The Trophy was formally named the Myers-McDaniel Trophy in 1999, after the legendary coaches Clifford "2 Bit" Myers of Bloomington and Chauncey McDaniel of Southport. These two coaches were pioneers in our sport establishing many rules for the IHSAA that have become National Federation Rules. This year's top top 11:

1 - Crown Point 103

2 - Cathedral 79

3 - Mishawaka 62.5

4 - Lawrence North 51

5 - Anderson Highland 50

6 - Union County 47

7 - Yorktown 38

8 - Merrillville 31

9 - Elkhart Mmeorial 29

9 - Martinsville 29

9 - Northridge 29

You have to realize that the scoring used now is for 8 places vs. the 6 place scoring when Delta set the official record of 99.  EMD also has scored over 100 with the 8 place scoring.

Please be my guest to copy and paste.

By the way: The IHSWCA has provided a coaches hospitality room at the State Individual Meet since 1986, that I know of - my first year as head coach and I have been in charge of acquring it since 1990 - my first year as IHSWCA Treasurer. At Conseco - it has always been in Suite 29 which is right next to the Varsity Club Restaurant.  It's become a little costly, but the food is always consumed.

"You have to realize that the scoring used now is for 8 places vs. the 6 place scoring when Delta set the official record of 99.  EMD also has scored over 100 with the 8 place scoring."

They only placed 4, not 6, when Delta scored 99.5.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.