Fabio Jr.'s Blog

Here Nick Ill join ya. ;)

Since this is my first post I will divulge some personal information to give you a slight idea of my personality and such. First off, for those who do not know me, my name is Nick Wiesjahn, I am 20 years old and currently wrestle at 125 lbs. for the University of Findlay Roughnecks. I attended Mishawaka High School and had a great career there placing 4th and 3rd my junior and senior year. I have always had a passion for wrestling since Tom Dolly handed me a flier for the Michiana Wrestling Academy in 3rd Grade. I have wrestled every since then improving almost every year. In the summers I help coach at the Mishawaka Wrestling Club. I love watching the youngin's go out and compete and have success. It is easily the greatest feeling in the world...

Now to the blog

This blog is going to basically be me discussing wrestling in general. What I am doing, thinking, and feeling. Also what everyone else is doing and what I think about it. At times this will get very opinionated and if you are offended I apologise but you are able to disagree.

Ok starting for real

9 days...

That's how long until the Midwest Regional, our National Qualifying Tournament. To qualify for nationals as a red shirt freshman would be a great way to end the year because once your there anything can happen. My season to this point has not been the greatest, I don't know off the top of my head but I believe my record is 7-19ish possibly more losses... granted we wrestle a real tough schedule I still do not enjoy losing in any way, shape, or form.

So know it comes down to 9 days to improve and improve and maybe be able to pull it off and make this season, as bad as it may be for me, end on a high note.

I have been working harder in the room perfecting my "favorite" moves and working on a few of the areas that I struggle, pretty much any position that is not neutral. I have been asking Coach Nelson a lot of questions to help improve my wrestling and try to prepare for March 1st..

This weekend is also huge for many Indiana Wrestlers, I will be listening intently hoping that my cavemen can get it done at Conseco. One of my best friends Josh Harper is going for his 4th title and I really hope he gets it, he is a hard worker and is very deserving and capable of winning. He knows what he has to do and he just needs to go do it. Another kid I am excited for is Trent. This kid pours his heart and soul into the sport. Last season he should have placed having beat the 3rd place finisher in the regional finals, but drawing Eric Roach in the ticket round, ended his individual season a week early. At last I am excited to watch Sandefer go for number 2. When he is on the mat, I simply get excited watching him just GO, his athleticism is ridiculous and he can put you on your back from anywhere. I wish all the Caveman wrestlers good luck and bring back a ton of hardware :)

Alrighty I'm going to end this here for now. My next post will prolly update how I am doing and my thoughts on Team State.

Later

Fabio Jr.