119 State Matchups

naco228

You are correct in that it was 5 -2.  Don't know about exact ride time but it doesn't really matter at this point.  John's won the match 5-2 and he deserved to win the match that day.  This weekend starts a new tournament so I wish all from the E-VILLE SS "Good Luck"  as the 119 class is very stacked.  Anyone could come out on top if they can knock Wright off.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we could see a rematch of last years finals of Raley vs Kenny in the quarter finals !

I agree... it wasnt close last year (7-3) but i think it will a great match this time around.  The winner gets Eppert sounds fun

Writing Brooks off that easily huh???? Interesting

i dont know if..." pulling a galka"... is really a bad thing, the kid had a great high school career

so that being said,that is exactly what is gonna happen raley will not get passed justin kieffer

so most of you posters need to rethink your quarterfinals matches

i dont know if..." pulling a galka"... is really a bad thing, the kid had a great high school career

so that being said,that is exactly what is gonna happen raley will not get passed justin kieffer

so most of you posters need to rethink your quarterfinals matches

i didnt mean "pulling a Galka" as a career thing

of course the guy had a great career

i only meant winning state one year then only qualifying the next year

and thats what could happen to Raley

but i think he'll beat Kieffer, then Kenney, then lose to Brooks IMO

I think we could see a rematch of last years finals of Raley vs Kenny in the quarter finals !

I agree... it wasnt close last year (7-3) but i think it will a great match this time around.  The winner gets Eppert sounds fun

Writing Brooks off that easily huh???? Interesting

No ! I think Brooks takes it this year ! Thats my pick at least !

brooks beat wright at freestyle state.. not folkstyle.. and then wright obviously has improved...winning fargo nationals and all

Check your information, my friend. Brooks beat Wright at FOLKSTYLE state. Wright wrestled Cadet for freestyle state.

Junior Men - 119

1st Place - Justin Brooks of Warsaw

2nd Place - Brandon Wright of Indianapolis

3rd Place - Alex Johns of Evansville

4th Place - Casey Kenney of Portland

1st Place Match - Justin Brooks (Warsaw) won by decision over Brandon Wright (Indianapolis) (Dec 9-4)

And Brooks took 7th out in Fargo at Junior 119 as well. He beat several guys ranked in the nation, including some ranked higher than Wright.

Some of you may want to notice that Raley has a Friday night match vs. the only guy that has defeated Johns this year.  I personally don't see Raley leaving the mat on Friday as a winner.

oh yeah....thats right

gosh...i wouldnt want Raley to pull a Galka...winning state at 103 then losing friday night at 119!

Raley didn't look to good at SS. Johns pretty well controlled the whole match.

Raley looked good all day he just ran into a buzzsaw in Johns. Johns and Raley will met again this sat nite under the lights,cant wait

Raley will be a spectator Saturday.  Kieffer will control him the entire match.  Wright will not be denied a State Chamionship this year. 

You mean like the way Wright controlled or should I say dominated Kieffer on Saturday? Maybe thats just a bad matchup for Kieffer but I think he got teched???? corrrect me if im wrong. I think Raley will just be too good on the feet for Kieffer.

Raley will be a spectator Saturday.  Kieffer will control him the entire match.  Wright will not be denied a State Chamionship this year. 

You mean like the way Wright controlled or should I say dominated Kieffer on Saturday? Maybe thats just a bad matchup for Kieffer but I think he got teched???? corrrect me if im wrong. I think Raley will just be too good on the feet for Kieffer.

no need to be corrected,because you are correct!!!!!!!!!!

For whatever reason, Wright has Kieffer's number.  Kieffer dominated every other match and pinned the 4th place finisher.

Kieffer beat Johns at Connersville but he did not handle him.  The match was high scoring and just some crazy scrambles.  This weight class (as nearly everyone has said) is loaded from top to bottom.  AJ (Johns) has improved each week since the loss back in December and is peaking at the right time.    Who knows what will happen but my top 4 prediction is:  Johns, Eppert, Wright, Brooks.

Kieffer beat Johns at Connersville but he did not handle him.  The match was high scoring and just some crazy scrambles.   This weight class (as nearly everyone has said) is loaded from top to bottom.  AJ (Johns) has improved each week since the loss back in December and is peaking at the right time.    Who knows what will happen but my top 4 prediction is:  Johns, Eppert, Wright, Brooks.

unfortunately, you cant have Eppert and Brooks in the top 4 since they will be meeting in the quarters  :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.