When do you hit a coach for a team Point

ontherise219

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the bashing of Tharp and Vlink, I think is ridiculous.  IN MY OPINION, I think they are two of the best coaches from the region.  From the mid 80's up to now the most consistent teams Portage and CP.  They are both hard-nosed, passionate coaches(old school).

i am only speaking about the match against the pirates.  it seemed as though the cp staff actually was wrestling,  ugh coaching on the entire mat during the dual..  this should be stopped directly and warned.  it was not.  I think they won the battle at rattling and getting the stripes completely out of sorts. 

Were you there?  Just asking, because if you were, how many calls went CP's way - ONE - and it wasn't even during the Merrillville match.  Maybe you can become a ref and police coaches into sitting there and keeping quiet.  Even when their wrestlers are getting screwed the way the Halsted did.

Vlink is always animated with the refs

You think Wednesday was bad?  I've seen some epic meltdowns, but in his defense, they always seem to be justified.

My favorite is when he busts out the rule book!!!!

Who remembers sectionals 03'? Was kicked out of the next meet, along with Hawkins. I have never seen an official make a worse call than that particular one though.

You think Wednesday was bad?  I've seen some epic meltdowns, but in his defense, they always seem to be justified.

Who remembers sectionals 03'? Was kicked out of the next meet, along with Hawkins. I have never seen an official make a worse call than that particular one though.

Agreed.  But having Team Regional that following Wednesday helped out.

If I remember correctly, he wasnt at either the team or individual regional

I wonder what the rule was on that.

If I remember correctly, he wasnt at either the team or individual regional

I wonder what the rule was on that.

Correct.  By CP being in the team regional, this enabled him to coach at SS.  The ruling then, don't know if it is still the same was when the coach was ejected, this banned him from the next two competitions (Team and Individual Regional).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.