Lovejoy Vs. Nix part 2

wizards0156

It is poetic justice that Nix drew Lovejoy in the first round of Reg. From previous posts it sounded like Lovejoy got homered by the ref. I hope Lovejoy keeps his head and shows Nix and Dwenger that the previous outcome was unwarented and unfair. I know I would not want to be Mr. Nix come Saturday. I wonder how much sleep he will get Friday night?

It is poetic justice that Nix drew Lovejoy in the first round of Reg. From previous posts it sounded like Lovejoy got homered by the ref. I hope Lovejoy keeps his head and shows Nix and Dwenger that the previous outcome was unwarented and unfair. I know I would not want to be Mr. Nix come Saturday. I wonder how much sleep he will get Friday night?

poor nix

That will be fun to watch. For the heck of it I hope Lovejoy goes for a sub 15 second pin and if that doesn't succeed wins by tech fall.  Satuday at Carroll will have some interesting matchups. After the Taylor Scott-Josh Grider showdown yesterday that ended in blood, sweat, and possibly tears it will be interesting to see if they go at it in the 2nd round which is very likely.

Lovejoy has no beef with Nix, but yes he is talking about the rematch.

The whole previous match was about a kid who knows only one thing, wrestle to win, hard but clean and a ref that wanted to set his own boundries.  

Coach Bennett from Dwenger has watch Lovejoy grow and knows that there is nothing flagrant in Lovejoy's style.  In 300+ matches in three years at all levels, no ref has taken issue with his cross face but this ref did.  

Lovejoy found out in the first period what those boundries were and made a great adjustment for over 5 minutes until the ref called him again when he was looking to lock up a cross face cradle with 7 seconds remaining.

Mr Nix is an excellent young wrestler and has a great future ahead of him.  But he should expect one thing and one thing only next Saturday, Lovejoy will walk out on the mat and wrestle hard and clean.

I have to agree with Kevinl, my son wrestled Tony a few years ago and he was always a "clean" wrestler.  My son always looked forward to wrestling Tony because he knew it was going to be a tough challenging match.  As the last few years has passed by, my son has  gone up a few weight classes and does not have the chance to wrestle Tony anymore but loves to watch him wrestle.  They still goof off wrestle when they can at Folkstyle/Freestyle tournaments but I know my son was devasted when he found out about what happened to Tony and he was glad that he did not have to miss the Sectionals.  We are actually thinking about driving to the regionals (over 90 minutes) just to show support to Tony and let him know that we know he is a good wrestler and we have never believed what has been said about him.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.