North Montgomery Regionals

JCBearcat

I was very impressed with the level of comptetition at the Zionsvile Sectional.  I think the suprise of the day came at 112 with Carmel's decisive win over Lebanon.  I also thought 145 was probably the most competitive weight class.  Finally, I'm glad we're not wrestling tomorrow night like those at South Dearborn.

zionsville sectional will probably be advancing more than the crawfordsville sectonal. in some weight classes i see all four zville sectional placers advancing to semistate

Which weight classes do you think this will happen in?  What does the 171 weight class look like?

Zionsville Did a nice job with the sectionals----officials were very good and consistent thru the day,  Wrestling was very competetive----I thought in a normal year the top 6 that placed get out at 171.  112 was also very competetive.  14 wrestlers initially seeded in the top 4 did not advance.  Few weight classes ended as seeded

As the norm with wrestling expect many surprises this coming weekend.  Good luck to Zionsville sight qualifiers---especially those representing the Hoosier Croossroads Conference-----29 wrestlers from the 4 teams representing this conference ( Westfield, Zionsville, HSE, and Fishers)  will wrestle this weekend.

zionsville sectional will probably be advancing more than the crawfordsville sectonal. in some weight classes i see all four zville sectional placers advancing to semistate

Which weight classes do you think this will happen in?  What does the 171 weight class look like?

171 appears to be a fairly even match up. I see the top 4 seeds advancing. But, look out for Reese  from HSE. He has some quality wins this year.  145 and 160 are strong weight classes coming out of Z-Ville. We'll see!

Northmont regionals will be dominated by the zionsville sectionals. The surprise of the day could come at 135 with skelton of lebanon beating Mascaro of carmel. He lost 7-2 but had four pretty shots that he got pretty deep on if he ends up finshing those shots he could make some noise this weekend.  Here are my predictions

103 campbell will beat parham in a rematch in the finals they have both beat each other this year.

112 will be a competitve weight class with julien returning the favor to watson. Watson beat julien 12-6 this pass weekend but julien pinned him early on in the season should be intresting!!

119Brady White from westfield look pretty dominate this past weekend and i think he could continue that this weekend in another rematch in the finals verse Sommers of carmel.

125Chris Maxwell will also have a rematch with Vancamp if vancamp can stop Maxwell legs the outcome might be a little different

130 Look for Nick Beatie to also have a rematch in the finals with Morris but remain undefeated.

135 We are looking at another rematch from the Zionsville sectionals with Mascaro beating skelton. If skelton finishes those shots the outcome could be different

140 Whitlow from southmont will out wrestle youngs from zionsville to win this weight class.

145 Jeff sease from zionsville will beat Baker from crawfordsville in a well wrestled match.

152 Brodgens will dominate worm of southmont to win this match

160 We will see another rematch from the zionsville sectionals withe R.V Peter of Westfield getting some revenge agains Ferrel of fishers

171 Scott Moore of foutain central will out wrestle Howenstien of zionsville.

189 a crawfordsville final it will be Nick hodges beating Brock of crawfordsville

215 Jessie Boley of lebanon will surprise everyone by getting to the finals against Nichoals of frankfort only to be out wrestle

HVY Dyllan Mcbride will beat Stephen Killen of western Boone to end the day

The match of the day however wont come from guys who make it to the finals however they are slid good wrestlers at 160. It will be in the opening round of day with Vancamp of lebanon Vs. fairly of crawforsville. These two know each other very well and have wrestled 4 times since last year with 3 of the matches goin to over time. The series between these guys are tied 2-2. It will be the most exciting match of the day.

A lot of people, myself included, underestimated the Crawfordsville-area teams last year. They were much stronger than they had been in recent years. A lot of kids graduated, but I bet that sectional is still well-represented in the regional placements. Maybe not as many as Zionsville has, but not a complete blowout either.

Perkins from Crawfordsville also is 1 and 1 with Julian.  Perkins win came by pin.  Julian won a 2 point decision.

Perkins is 36 and 3 with his losses coming from # 3 Mullins and Julian by decision and Dillon Scott from

Fountain central. Perkins has since beat Scott twice.  He also recently beat Clem from Perry Meridian 6-0.

Crawfordsvilles 145 Baker also beat Tassef from Perry giving him his only loss. I could give you alot of those

situations from individuals from the Crawfordsville Sectional so dont count them out.  Fountain Central

and South Vermillion are solid. This will be a very even regional by numbers from each sectional.

A lot of people, myself included, underestimated the Crawfordsville-area teams last year. They were much stronger than they had been in recent years. A lot of kids graduated, but I bet that sectional is still well-represented in the regional placements. Maybe not as many as Zionsville has, but not a complete blowout either.

I must say that Southmont has set a precedence the last 5-10 years in there wrestling area while North Montgomery and Crawfordsville have followed. It is a great are of wrestling and a well coached area as well with Wiellever (sp), Ervin, and JD Minch. All are super guys!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.