Jennings Co Sectionals

tskin

Beaner2:

You were right @ 112. I apparently don't know how seeding meetings go. How does Colon get seeded first losing to Reiker?  And if our info is correct Resch beat Reiker twice and gets seeded below him??? (could be getting bad info) I'm assuming Armand's second loss was to Wojdyla do to him getting seeded behind him?

Thanks.  Not very often I'm right. 

Not gonna broadcast my predictions other than which schools should send the most to Reg.

CN - 11

JC - 10

MA -  9

CE -  8

I dont know about all of that...i think there are some teams getting too much credit here. but i guess ur entitled to ur opinion. I really think that Jennings is going to make a serious run at the title this year and i think that east may be lurking around trying to do something. Madison has the potential to do some damage as well. I think that 11 may be too many for CN and maybe more from MA and CE

I think Beaner looks pretty good on his prediction. Columbus North may get more than 11 through, but 11 sounds about right. Jennings wrestled tough at conference and will make a strong run for the team title. Madison and East will have some solid wrestlers but not quite enough to win it. Brown County will have a couple of studs. Scotsburg will get a couple through as well. Seymour and Bedford may get one or two through. Overall, this will be a CN and JC battle for first with some solid performances from others and have a good off season from the rest.

I am going to take a shot at the top (4) with some upsets mixed in:

1o3

1-Schroeder  SW

2-Rieker  CE

3-Gibson  MA

4-Kelly  SB

1-Colon  CN

2-Rieker  CE

3-Resch  JC

4-Tayler  MA

1-Reiker  CE

2-Albertson  CN

3-Parker  SW

4-Holley  JC

1-Adams  MA

2-McGaha  CN

3-Miller  JC

4-Smith  SW

1-Richey  BC

2-Reitman  JC

3-Smith  SW

4-Clark  CE

1-Richey  BC

2-Gast  JC

3-Brawner  SW

4-Marthin  MA

1-Armand  JC

2-Milenbaugh  CN

3-Wojdyla  BC

4-Sandlin  SB

1-Whalen  MA

2-Wadell  CN

3-Wathan  JC

4-Lauderbaugh  SW

1-Howard  SB

2-Holt  CN

3-Bryant  CE

4-Renoll  JC

1-Beiswanger  JC

2-Rodgers  SB

3-Brielrly-CE

4-Harrell-CN

1-Biggs  JC

2-Watson  CN

3-Chasteen SB

4-Barger  SE

1-Kopitzke  JC

2-Brownfield  CN

3-Henderson  SB

4-Blackwell  BNL

1-Collett  JC

2-Smith  SW

3-Leggins  BC

4-McPike  BNL

1-Gill  CN

2-Caum  JC

3-Rust  SE

4-Blakemore  MA

Outstanding matches and tough weight classes:  103-Schroeder and Rieker, 112 tough weight class (Colon has edge if he's healthy), 130-Richey and Reitman, also Richey and Smith will be very good, 135-Richey and Marthin, 140-Milenbaugh and Wojdyla, the championship with Armand (possibly these three all the way to state), 145-Wadell and Whalen, 152-Howard and Holt or Bryant), 160-Beiswanger and Rodgers-(Beiswanger is a beast), 171-Biggs and Watson (If Biggs is on this could be a barnburner), 189-Kopitzke and Brownfield or Henderson, 215-Collett and Smith, 285-Gill and Caum

The team with the most success in wrestle backs will determine the chamionship team, which is a given but sometimes overlooked.

Good Luck to all  it is going to be a great sectional alot of talent and very good coaches, keep an eye on Madison and Columbus East 

103- Schroeder SW

112-Colon CN

119-Reiker CE

125-Adams MA

130-Reitman JC

135-Richey BC

140-Armand

145-Wadell CN

152-Holt CN

160-Beiswanger JC

171-Watson CN

189-Kopitzke JC

215-Collett JC

285-Gill CN

Just some guesses....team its gonna come down to JC and CN in my opinion.  Probably CN takin it but it will be close i dont think many would argue that.

103-

1. Schroeder SW

2. Reiker        CE

3. Gibson      MA

4. Bullock    BC

112-

1. Taylor    MA

2. Colon      CN

3. Resch      JC

4. Reiker      CE

119-

1. Reiker    CE

2. Albertson CN

3. Holley    JC

4. Innman BNL

125-

1. Adams  MA

2. McGaha CN

3. Smith    BC

4. Carlile  CE

130-

1. Reitman JC

2. Richey    BC

3. Winters  CN

4. Smith    SW

135-

1. Richey    BC

2. Marthin MA

3. Brawner SW

4. Gast        JC

140-

1. Armand JC

2. Wojdyla BC

3. Milenbaugh CN

4. Ogle        CE

145-

1. Waddell CN

2. Whalen MA

3. Wathen JC

4. Laughderbaugh SW

152-

1. Howard SC

2. Bryant CE

3. Holt      CN

4. Owen  SEY

160-

1. Beiswanger JC

2. Brierly CE

3. Rodgers SC

4. Asher  MA

171-

1. Watson CN

2. Biggs    JC

3. Barger SEY

4. Chasteen SC

189-

1. Kopitzke JC

2. Brownfield CN

3. Henderson SC

4. Sons MA

215-

1. Collett JC

2. Smith SW

3. McPike BNL

4. Rice MA

285-

1. Gill CN

2. Caum JC

3. Rust SEY

4. Blakemore MA

Prediction breakdown between CN and JC-

1st- JC-5  CN-3

2nd- JC-2 CN-4

3rd- JC-3 CN-3

4th- JC-1 CN-0

1. Jennings County

2. Columbus North

This will be a really close race coming down to conso wins and bonus points. Some point swings at competitive classes will be how Colon and Resch end up at 112, Winters and Reitman in the semis at 30, how 140 plays out will be a big swing, if Biggs can pull the upset at 71, and the how Brownfield does at 89.

The regionals at Goshen (I think) we're delayed one year by weather.  I remember talking to the father of one of the Wawasee wrestlers at Snider.  He came to watch our regional since theirs wasn't running.  They held the regional during the week.  I'm guessing they'd have to do the same thing if any sectionals can't run on Saturday.  Have the individual sectional on Monday or Tuesday and maybe potponed the team regional until Thursday.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.