New Haven Sectional

SSBeatReporter

Let me clarify. When I said he will win it because the class is weak I was talking about 215 and didn't transition. Mills will have it fairly easy IMO but I bring your attention to the 215 bracket. I don't necessarily know how the bracket is set up but to me it looks like this kid Brad Shuler(13-10) gets an easy walk to regionals while Chris Lamping(19-10) has to wrestle a match. Can anybody clarify that for me please?

Let me clarify. When I said he will win it because the class is weak I was talking about 215 and didn't transition. Mills will have it fairly easy IMO but I bring your attention to the 215 bracket. I don't necessarily know how the bracket is set up but to me it looks like this kid Brad Shuler(13-10) gets an easy walk to regionals while Chris Lamping(19-10) has to wrestle a match. Can anybody clarify that for me please?

It just the way the draw pans out when you have 4 forfeits out of 10 teams.  It happens in brackets all over. It doesn't mean he has an easy walk to regionals, he just has forfeits into the semi finals.  If he loses, he still has to win his way back in wrestlebacks.

It just the way the draw pans out when you have 4 forfeits out of 10 teams.  It happens in brackets all over. It doesn't mean he has an easy walk to regionals, he just has forfeits into the semi finals.  If he loses, he still has to win his way back in wrestlebacks.

I don't really know much about the sectional bracket. I figured if he lost in the final four he just went to the 'consolation' for 3rd or 4th. I am going on the past with regionals and the SAC conference tourney.

Who are Grider's losses to?

Dinnius from Concordia at 215(out for season as of winter break), Peru, Benton Central, and I think East Noble's 189?

I just wanted to bring up an obvious point here...  From what I have heard from this Grider has lost to the EN 89.  Didn't Pappert win the NHC at 189?  If Grider already lost to someone worse than his opponent how does everyone see that being a good match

Who are Grider's losses to?

Dinnius from Concordia at 215(out for season as of winter break), Peru, Benton Central, and I think East Noble's 189?

I just wanted to bring up an obvious point here...  From what I have heard from this Grider has lost to the EN 89.  Didn't Pappert win the NHC at 189?  If Grider already lost to someone worse than his opponent how does everyone see that being a good match

I don't think it was East Noble, but it was something along those lines. It may have been West Noble? I don't know right now but could probably pull it up. That class is looking pretty good. The top 4 are legit IMO. We can wait for tomorrow though.

IMO I just don't think that South faces the same competition that New Haven goes through.  I'm just wondering about the darkhorse Carter from homestead.  I am actually seeing an upset over the first seed Scott.

Not as a team, but I know that Grider has done 'enough' I guess. It isn't like he just wrestles their schedule. Off-season stuff has helped him a lot. I am not saying he is hands down going to beat Pappert or anything but to think it is the opposite is pretty ignorant but again like I said tomorrow will decide. It could be one of those things where if they wrestle this week one could lose and if they faced each other next week the other could win. Who knows. All I know is that I think it is very odd that people are thinking South could be a 'darkhorse' in this sectional. Luers coach mentioned them as a team to look out for in yesterday's Fort Wayne News-Sentinel. Sending a school record 6 or 7 kids to regionals would be great though.

I don't think there is any hands down winner at 189.  There are four guys that have a very good chance at the title.  Every time I go over it I can't make up my mind.  IMO I see Scott and Pappert in the finals with Grider and Carter barely coming up short.  But then again it could be the exact opposite of that I just can't decide.

I don't think there is any hands down winner at 189.  There are four guys that have a very good chance at the title.  Every time I go over it I can't make up my mind.  IMO I see Scott and Pappert in the finals with Grider and Carter barely coming up short.  But then again it could be the exact opposite of that I just can't decide.

Exactly, that and 112 will be the best IMO all day at that sectional. I mean you have Franklin is the heavy favorite, but I think that Alex Troy could possibly beat him but to be honest, I don't see him getting past Farrell from South. Farrell had him 7-2 last week and Troy ended up winning 10-8. Farrell doesn't take losing lightly and he will be out for a win tomorrow. It will be an interesting day to say the least at New Haven tomorrow. I think that some classes are very weak(215, 130, 145) but it will be interesting to see who wins the overall out of New Haven or Homestead, who knows maybe another school can get it but I doubt it.

IMO I just don't think that South faces the same competition that New Haven goes through.  I'm just wondering about the darkhorse Carter from homestead.  I am actually seeing an upset over the first seed Scott.

Not as a team, but I know that Grider has done 'enough' I guess. It isn't like he just wrestles their schedule. Off-season stuff has helped him a lot. I am not saying he is hands down going to beat Pappert or anything but to think it is the opposite is pretty ignorant but again like I said tomorrow will decide. It could be one of those things where if they wrestle this week one could lose and if they faced each other next week the other could win. Who knows. All I know is that I think it is very odd that people are thinking South could be a 'darkhorse' in this sectional. Luers coach mentioned them as a team to look out for in yesterday's Fort Wayne News-Sentinel. Sending a school record 6 or 7 kids to regionals would be great though.

Darkhorse?!?!?! Please...It is a two team race and that is it.  None of the teams have enough depth to compete with New Haven or Homestead.  Woodlan has a few solid individuals, but as a whole team, won't be able to put up enough points to contend.  As for South Side, they don't even have a full team, and have a shot at maybe one champ.  That doesn't even add up to being close to a darkhorse. It is not an even field in this sectional as he states, that is quite a joke.

The team title is most likely going to either Homestead or New Haven.  It is tough to say who might win because I think it comes down to which team comes out to wrestle.  I think New Haven has some better draws but one can that Homestead did beat New Haven in a duel and did place higher in conference.  It is going to be interesting.

Darkhorse?!?!?! Please...It is a two team race and that is it.  None of the teams have enough depth to compete with New Haven or Homestead.  Woodlan has a few solid individuals, but as a whole team, won't be able to put up enough points to contend.  As for South Side, they don't even have a full team, and have a shot at maybe one champ.  That doesn't even add up to being close to a darkhorse. It is not an even field in this sectional as he states, that is quite a joke.

I know, but I only reiterate what others say(http://www.news-sentinel.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090129/SPORTS05/901290329) but yeah, New Haven won, no surprise. No other team really came close, other than Homestead I guess. What is weird though to me is that South Side barely lost to Woodlan during their regular season match and that was like with 4 or 5 forfeits. Insane amount, but they faired pretty well. Overall, pretty good day for wrestling. Unexpected things happened but hey, that is what wrestling is about right?

Does anyone know why scott at 189 got a pentalty point against him for illegal move.  Seems like he was doing the same leg move all day.  At the end of the match it looked like scott was in full headlock but was not awarded pentalty point!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.