Logansport Regional

ontherise219

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

inmarine77

ha old camp stumps.. hated that place i was there for a few weeks its crazy hott out there in the summer and believe it or not it snowed out there about 2 weeks ago ha crazy.. and old cherry point not bad liked it better there than at Camp lejuene not a big fan of jacksonville at all... but i wish i would ahve stayed there for at least this year so i could make the 12 hour drive back home 2 indiana ha all these 96's i would feel like a reservist i would b home so much haha

OOH RAH

Not to be mean and all Devildog as I appreciate your services too, but Bryan Powlen improved immensely in his 5 years of wrestling and probably would have beat you with his top game alone the year you speak of.  There weren't too many 215'ers that could run the legs as effectively as him his senior year.  

As for this weekend's regional I am "out of the loop" for the first time in awhile for this area. Hopefully the TL sectional can turn it around from years past, but I expect from seeing the brackets and past names that it will be more of the same.

Our sectional has had some solid years there... just not as many... a few years back we took third in overall team points behind harrison and mccutcheon.  The nice thing about our sectional i think is that it is pretty young this season.

mhomburg :

Ha ha  obviously you never seen me wrestle.. I dominated bryon all through middle school.. and at the caston 10 way my freshman year i Tech falled him & won the tournament 9-0  and the one time i got to wrestle him my sophmore year at MWC  once again i beat him. He was excelent at ridning with his legs thats all he would do when we wrestled each other. I'm not saying he was a bad wrestler.. you don't get to the State Finals if your a bad wrestler.. but i can guarantee you that he would not have beaten me. He improved yea but do you think that i wouldn't improve i would just stay the same.. ha I wish i would have had the chance to wrestle him because i kno i would have beaten him. But woulda coulda shoulda.. cant change the past but ill let my lifetime record of about 10-0 against Bryon do the talking.

Nice picks but 135 Vanoort got beat by Owen Dorris at conference last week.... Dorris will most likely do it again at sectionals this week and 145 Wagoner from pioneer also has a nice shot at the title

I can't count the times i've seen wrestlers get beat and "rise to the occasion" by sectional time and avenge a loss or two..should be fun. 

i agree with piosoph145. dorris is training harder than ever and he knows what his weaknesses are and is fixing that. he will be the one to rise to the occasion this time. ethier that or a great scoring match.

i just can't see dorris and that 145lber pulling another rabbit out of their hat here.  dorris does too many dangerous things...trys to hit too many moves and is just to reckless to pull this out. 

thats part of what we are working on with him this week

Hey back to 215 how do u know wat happened at sectioals if u werent there tolson had marquez pinned 3 times and then tolson gets pinned  >:( tolson is a way better wrestler and WILL beat marquez

And you saw the three pins from the cheap seats better than the ref who was on the mat?  This always cracks me up.

mhomburg :

Ha ha  obviously you never seen me wrestle.. I dominated bryon all through middle school.. and at the caston 10 way my freshman year i Tech falled him & won the tournament 9-0  and the one time i got to wrestle him my sophmore year at MWC  once again i beat him. He was excelent at ridning with his legs thats all he would do when we wrestled each other. I'm not saying he was a bad wrestler.. you don't get to the State Finals if your a bad wrestler.. but i can guarantee you that he would not have beaten me. He improved yea but do you think that i wouldn't improve i would just stay the same.. ha I wish i would have had the chance to wrestle him because i kno i would have beaten him. But woulda coulda shoulda.. cant change the past but ill let my lifetime record of about 10-0 against Bryon do the talking.

You sound bitter to me. I let my days go and so should you. Bryan Powlen only wrestled for 5 years and like most upper weight classes grew into his body later on. I still stick with what I say.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.