Where's the love

wildcat60

South Vermillion hasnt had any votes towards being in the top 20 in the state,they knocked off southmont ( last year's North mont regional champs) and still nothing its ok they will surprise some people come february!

I for one think that its best to fly under the radar.

That being said .... I hope they win regionals. 

After that ........ I don't think so.

But, it would be fantastic.

Ok.

That being said they have a terrific record this year.

And....will remember that the rest of their lives.  Not the schedule strength.

This is a small school with great coaches and wrestlers.  Don't belittle that.

yes they r a small school but their schedule isnt weak, Northview-they kicked their ass, tied with plainfield, beat TH north, TH south, Southmont, Northmont, Greencastle, they r 27-1 what do you guys think it would take for them to become ranked at least 20th?

yes they r a small school but their schedule isnt weak, Northview-they kicked their ass, tied with plainfield, beat TH north, TH south, Southmont, Northmont, Greencastle, they r 27-1 what do you guys think it would take for them to become ranked at least 20th?

Beating a Top 10 team 84 to 0, I have seen TH North this year - and with all due respect - I say it's not a good piece of evidence for your case.  Once again we need to understand that it isn't the size of the city or town that makes a team great, it's the performance of the team against quality opponents. 

I know South Vermillion has a strong tradition.  I wouldn't mind seeing them come down to the Evansville area once or twice a year to compete.  I think it would benefit all concerned.

Of course I think EVERYONE would benefit from coming to the Evanville area every weekend!  LOL

Well I am not current with all those teams.... however, I don't see any of those teams that they beat in the rankings on this site, so it is hard to justify them being a top 20 team by quoting their schedule. But I don't see why anyone would complain about rankings, cause ultimately rankings mean squat.

Well I am not current with all those teams.... however, I don't see any of those teams that they beat in the rankings on this site, so it is hard to justify them being a top 20 team by quoting their schedule. But I don't see why anyone would complain about rankings, cause ultimately rankings mean squat.

I agree 200%...Rankings are just a way of keeping us old farts busy while the kids are at practice.    ;D

If you look at who Southmont has lost to, it is Portage, Lowell, and South Vermillion.  Lowell beat them worse than Vermillion did and they are a 500 team.  Granted, they have a pretty decent schedule, but they aren't deserving of a Top 20 ranking.

yes iunderstand that and as a fan i truly apologize for my earlier comment about Northview, and the reason i started this topic was for people who read these messages that dont truly understand the way that wrestling works. i was asked to  put this topic up by some of my peers and so i did as a regard to them that was the only reason y i posted it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.