The Status of Female Wrestling at the High School Level

BlueBolt

Does anyone have any info on this this year?  It seems last year there were a few young ladies who took to the mats and I was wondering if this trend has continued or if it was more of spike in interest that has curbed off.

Who is returning after last year?  Who is new?

We still have a girl on our team. She took a bad ankle injury Saturday but is wanting to get back in there, sore ankle and all...yeah Meagen!!! I'm pretty sure Liz Skinner is still wrestling for Eastbrook, I'll know for sure this weekend as they will be at Marion Invite along with us(Tipton). I witnessed her last year and she is pretty good, placed second in same meet. She has her own fan base wearing "Liz" t-shirts...pretty cool and after watching her wrestle I was wanting one!!!

ff

We still have a girl on our team. She took a bad ankle injury Saturday but is wanting to get back in there, sore ankle and all...yeah Meagen!!! I'm pretty sure Liz Skinner is still wrestling for Eastbrook, I'll know for sure this weekend as they will be at Marion Invite along with us(Tipton). I witnessed her last year and she is pretty good, placed second in same meet. She has her own fan base wearing "Liz" t-shirts...pretty cool and after watching her wrestle I was wanting one!!!

ff

Excellent!  You have to admire the drive and determination over and above the average it takes for these ladies to step out there!

Here is an article about a girl wrestler for Jeffersonville

http://indianamat.com/messageboard/index.php/topic,268.0.html

Also, I noticed this year that Huntington North, Columbia City and Prairie Heights all have female wrestlers.  It looks like more and more girls are wrestling and it is becoming more acceptable by coaches and fans.

Christian Miller from Prairie Heights is a very very good wrestler. In middle school she was runner up twice in conference and won it in seventh grade. I have coached her since a midget she will make it in a college program somewhere.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.