Monotony in Wrestling?

NickS

When you look at Indiana, Mater Dei has been the dominant team the past 15 years or so.  Ohio, it's been St. Ed's and Parish Graham then Blair Academy in New Jersey.  Even at the college level, it's been Iowa and Oklahoma State.  You don't see this with other sports.  Sure, certain teams when consistently, but state or national titles seem to get spread out to more teams than with wrestling.  What is the reason (theories) for this?  or is this monotonous perception not true at all?

I think in alot of schools wrestling is not placed as high as other sports.....Funding is low as well as attendance......Wrestling needs a good PR push....It would be nice to see some of the school body at meets along with the familys of the wrestlers..At pep rallys Football is high lighted as well as Basketball, Baseball and other sports...........I think the school needs  to give wrestling the hype and time as they do other sports.  Look at the sport sections wrestling is usually buried deep or in a corner somewhere.......Ok now i am rambling..LOL...Just my thoughts...........

It was sarcastic being that is how people from bigger schools react when smaller schools don't have as much success. 

I was surprised you did not say "it is caused by the lack of class wrestling"

Not working hard was a nice play on things though

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.