IHSWCA Team State Duals - Initial Invitations Sent Out

We have already gone over why we can't do that....the IHSAA won't grant us a weigh-in allowance...I know your heart is in the right place but as a casual fan please dont think that us hardcore hollys of the wrestling world havnt given this dilema a few min of our time....

Bob_promo.jpg

I know you guys have probably had better ideas to go about it as well. This will be a 40 years in the desert type movement. However we tell wrestlers to drill the same move and techniques over and over until they're unstoppable. I know my thoughts are tiring to some if not all on here. I just feel it necessary to fight for kids who go out and give their best even if they're not the best. Wrestling is mostly considered an individual sport to most, but not me. I love the strategy of bumping and such. The kid who is expected to give up 6 pts but keeps it 4 or 3 or even adds 3 or more to his team. I just feel that part of the sport needs not to be forgotten. Side note, besides the $ would wrestling and others be better to leave the IHSAA and solely form their own like the IHSWCA?

Casual, what you're suggesting is revolutionary and at the same time quite scary.  At this juncture I feel that we still need the IHSAA to perpetuate the folkstyle movement as well as the life blood of the sport in Indiana.  There are still a great many of us in this one class state that feel we're doing a lot of extraneous things (like Freestyle and Greco) to obtain the ultimate prize of a one class state title.

The schedule for one and how to determine qualifying points. I'd be actually fine with eliminating qualifying points in all sports. I know not everyone is on board with eliminating though. Have qualifying rounds to qualify for team state similar to what IHSAA did with single class but do in the current class system. I'd propose 8 teams in each class for the state finals. 2 schools in each class for each region (NW, NE, SW, and SE). If enough schools then make 8 into 16. Just my thoughts though.

Im not sure what you mean by eliminating qualifying points in all sports?

Casual, what you're suggesting is revolutionary and at the same time quite scary.  At this juncture I feel that we still need the IHSAA to perpetuate the folkstyle movement as well as the life blood of the sport in Indiana.  There are still a great many of us in this one class state that feel we're doing a lot of extraneous things (like Freestyle and Greco) to obtain the ultimate prize of a one class state title.

Not saying it should be done, but what ramifications it would bring if that scenario needed to play out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.