Ev North Regional

1prouddad

With the sectionals now in the books, let's look at a few intriguing matches and weight class breakdowns. 

The 1st match that pops outright away is at 113. Sutton(Boon) against Polen(GS). These are 2 young hammers and only one can punch his ticket to SS. Another good one here is Weurth(Mem) vs Kendall(NPo), this one is sure to have a lot of great scrambles and keep the fans on their feet  

120- Heeke(HH) vs Tucker(Re) should be another one with a lot of action. Tucker has really progressed since last year but Coach Bell has his guys going in the right direction and Heeke has looked good this year. Right behind them at 120 is Davis(Boon) vs Amento(Ce). Should be a good one. 

126- will have senior Bell(HH) battling it out for a trip to Ford Center with Morgan(MV). Can the senior finally get it  done?  

Sectional vs Sectional wise, I give a slight advantage to Central sectional. I don't see a big margain as in years past.   I do potentially see one weight class sweep and that's at 170 with the advantage to Central winners. 

106- tied at 2 a piece with the top seeds of each sectional taking the win. Don't sleep on West(EvMem) as he could turn this into a 3-1 Castle advantage

1131 3-1 Castle with Weurth(EvMem) taking out 2 seed Kendall(NPo)

120. 3-1 Centrals top 3 I think take this

126- 3-1 Castle top 3 get the job done and Bell finally punches his way to SS

132- 2-2 with the top seeds reigning 

138- 2-2 and Kirchgessner gets to SS for the 1st time I believe. 

145- once again knotted up.Frymire could turn this into 3-1 Central advantage 

152- 3-1 advantage for the top 3 coming from Central sectional. Deters not only saves this bracket from a sweep, but wins this weight too 

160- yep all knotted up at 2-2 with the top seeds holding their spots

170- could the Central sectional take a sweep here. I'm saying yes and we'll see our first 4 over 1 with Chandler(Emd) coming away with a victory over Johnson(Wash)

182- top seeds hold their spots and were at 2-2

195- ditto

220-ditto 

Hwt- ditto 

any thoughts or predictions?

3 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

With the sectionals now in the books, let's look at a few intriguing matches and weight class breakdowns. 

The 1st match that pops outright away is at 113. Sutton(Boon) against Polen(GS). These are 2 young hammers and only one can punch his ticket to SS. Another good one here is Weurth(Mem) vs Kendall(NPo), this one is sure to have a lot of great scrambles and keep the fans on their feet  

120- Heeke(HH) vs Tucker(Re) should be another one with a lot of action. Tucker has really progressed since last year but Coach Bell has his guys going in the right direction and Heeke has looked good this year. Right behind them at 120 is Davis(Boon) vs Amento(Ce). Should be a good one. 

126- will have senior Bell(HH) battling it out for a trip to Ford Center with Morgan(MV). Can the senior finally get it  done?  

Sectional vs Sectional wise, I give a slight advantage to Central sectional. I don't see a big margain as in years past.   I do potentially see one weight class sweep and that's at 170 with the advantage to Central winners. 

106- tied at 2 a piece with the top seeds of each sectional taking the win. Don't sleep on West(EvMem) as he could turn this into a 3-1 Castle advantage

1131 3-1 Castle with Weurth(EvMem) taking out 2 seed Kendall(NPo)

120. 3-1 Centrals top 3 I think take this

126- 3-1 Castle top 3 get the job done and Bell finally punches his way to SS

132- 2-2 with the top seeds reigning 

138- 2-2 and Kirchgessner gets to SS for the 1st time I believe. 

145- once again knotted up.Frymire could turn this into 3-1 Central advantage 

152- 3-1 advantage for the top 3 coming from Central sectional. Deters not only saves this bracket from a sweep, but wins this weight too 

160- yep all knotted up at 2-2 with the top seeds holding their spots

170- could the Central sectional take a sweep here. I'm saying yes and we'll see our first 4 over 1 with Chandler(Emd) coming away with a victory over Johnson(Wash)

182- top seeds hold their spots and were at 2-2

195- ditto

220-ditto 

Hwt- ditto 

any thoughts or predictions?

I agree Heeke vs Tucker going to be a good one.

220 Keller (HH) vs Macray (Gibson Southern) death match ticket round they are 2-2 against each other.

113 will be very interesting all around with Sutton(BV) vs Polen(GS) in the opening round as well as Casebolt(CA) vs Kendall(NP) and Winner of Sutton(BV)/Polen(GS) vs Boarman(MD) Also at 120 Tucker(RE) vs Heeke(HH) and Davis(BV) vs Amento(CE) shouldnt be that bad of a match either. 126 has the most Interesting opening round besides and 170, with Egli(MD) vs Graber(WA) who isn't a push over also Overton(BV) vs Spencer(NP) and Bell(HH) vs Nate Morgan(MV). 132 has a death match first round with Fulks(BV) and Dunn(PR) III, they have split their matches 1 each so round 3 is for all the marbles. 138 will see the Mayes(BV) vs Wellmeier(RE) rematch Mayes got the victory last time. 145- Frymire(NP) vs Rodriguez(HA) will be a good one i believe. 152 Like everyone has said is all about who doesnt get into the "Brayton Lee Semi-State Massacre Draw" my favorite first round match at 152 is Hust(BV) vs Defendoll(VL) both are Solid wrestlers who are looking to make it to Semi-State, Deters(CA) vs Miller(NP) is a rematch of last years Regional Finals where Miller(NP) got the narrow victory over Deters(CA) 3-2 in Ultimate.160 has 2 good opening round matches in Martin(RE) vs Parker(TE) and Hartz(CA) vs Miller(VL). 170 Johnson(WA) vs Chandler(MD), Parker(TE) vs McGennis(MV), Sitzman(HA) vs Reich(RE) both looking to continue their Senior Season also Gamblin(NP) and Green(HH) a very interesting weight class. 182 Coomer(VL) vs Moore(SS),and Nunn(CA) vs Schuler(MD), you also have Guerrier(CE) and Tasa(NO) looking to be a great day at 182.195 you have Koonce(RE) vs Williams(BO), Rolley(CA), Helfrich(MD) and Jake Barnett(ME). 220 gets to most likely see Alex Lichlyter(ME) vs Michael Boots(MD) III for all the marbles also Eli Buck(PR) vs Will Stewart(SS) and Wyatt Keller(HH) vs Macray Robinson(GS) who have split wins and losses this year. Heavyweight sees a few interesting opening round matches including a Big 8 championship rematch between York (VL) and Weeks (BV) if weeks comes to wrestle that could be anyones ball game, also Potentially Ohlsen (ME) vs Graves (MD) and York (VL) vs Rea (HH) in the semifinals. I give The Team Title to Mater Dei with Castle in Second. Over All Mater Dei Will take the most with 12-14 followed by Castle with 10-12

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.