Indiana Natives at the B1G Tournament

Special Shout to Mendez!

Winning the 141 Title by beating Woods & Bartlett on the way. His interview was sweet. It's clear he has bigger aspirations in mind.

Here is a run down of all the Indiana native's that placed (please let me know if I missed anyone).

133 - C. Rooks 7th

141 - Mendez 1st, Lemley 4th

149 - G Rooks 7th

157 - Lee 5th

174 - Baumann 8th

197 - Allred 3rd

HWT - Davison 3rd

Brayton Lee could have been in the finals. He lost to Will Lewan in SV in the semifinals, but he had a TD all but secured in the final seconds of regulation. If he would have just covered Lewan's hips he would have gotten the 3. But he had Lewan almost on his back & went for that instead. Lewan was then able to scoot his hips out & square up. Hindsight is 20-20.

Good luck to all these guys at Nationals.

Edited by SIACfan

2 hours ago, SIACfan said:

Special Shout to Mendez!

Winning the 141 Title by beating Woods & Bartlett on the way. His interview was sweet. It's clear he has bigger aspirations in mind.

Here is a run down of all the Indiana native's that placed (please let me know if I missed anyone).

133 - C. Rooks 7th

141 - Mendez 1st, Lemley 4th

149 - G Rooks 7th

157 - Lee 5th

174 - Baumann 8th

197 - Allred 3rd

HWT - Davison 3rd

Brayton Lee could have been in the finals. He lost to Will Lewan in SV in the semifinals, but he had a TD all but secured in the final seconds of regulation. If he would have just covered Lewan's hips he would have gotten the 3. But he had Lewan almost on his back & went for that instead. Lewan was then able to scoot his hips out & square up. Hindsight is 20-20.

Good luck to all these guys at Nationals.

With the Willham correction, those match what I had on the other thread. Boarman out of the SoCon, Washington, Sollars, and Bates are all going to be in the at-large discussion too.