Helping Hand to Young Coaches and Married wrestling fans

Do you ever get the question when wrestling is over ? Did your significant utter understand the dedication it takes to be a coach ? 

Well I have been married 46 years to my little princes. We meet when I was 19 - she was kinda close in age - at least that what she told me at da time. I was still pusueing the the fine sport at da time. She has spent many hours and days in venues supporting me and my trainies. Between working countless doubles at da mill and spending time watching , coaching and training wrestling it can be rough on da home life. 

So told her dis weekend dare were no meets for me to watch. Well I forgot about da big ten network. Well 3 dual meets on a cold region winter evening on da tube. Da ole rat has been fighting a cold and did not want to go out for liberations. So Told my princess that I was not up to going out but Had a idea. My little lady likes the Blue Clip and da hard rock. So I told that I would pay for a uber and give he some gambling $ for her and her buddy. Well those matches cost me $500. Of course I got the story I was up 300 hundo but pay it back in da machine. 

Well you young coaches make sure you train them right. 

Wrestling season is never over. 

I really hope with the advent and growth of women wrestling some of young guys can meet the women wrestler of your dream. 

As we all know we are all kinda crazy to do this sport. It would better if you had a partner who loves it like you. 

Told my then girlfriend I would be attending State Finals on the date of her 21st birthday.  We had a wrestler from my school in it, but I was still in college so just attending as a fan at that point.  I remind my now wife all the time that she knew what she was getting into after she decided to stick with me following that weekend. She does appreciate that I’m just a volunteer coach these days, although I still spend a significant amount of the week at one age level of wrestling or another. 

Lost many women with my “obsession” for the sport.  They never understood trying to keep my grandfather’s legacy alive.  I always told them this is what we do. They never understood why I’d pay entry fees for kid, or drive them to Iowa. Stay up late designing singlets.  Watch film or cut weight with my son’s so they don’t feel like they’re alone. I got married last summer and my wife never saw a wrestling match before me. Took her to the Mike Ester and The Al Smith; she’s a fan now.  She couldn’t believe how knowledgeable the fans in the stands can be.  I love this sport.