Iran wrestling news

20 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Mirzazadeh and Saravi will be 130 and 97 Olympic reps.

67-will it be ismaeli or Geraei

77-I haven't got a clue

87-Mohmadi?

Unsure about the last weight.

Do you know if Mirzazadeh's injury is serious?  I would still like to see Mirzazadeh and Hedayati wrestle off.  I expect Hedayati to get better every day, but also expect Mirzazadeh to win

1 hour ago, Irani said:

Do you know if Mirzazadeh's injury is serious?  I would still like to see Mirzazadeh and Hedayati wrestle off.  I expect Hedayati to get better every day, but also expect Mirzazadeh to win

We spoke today. He's going to go to Iran and get some scans. Will find out more. Hopefully nothing serious

2 hours ago, The Genius said:

who did we send for FS?

جام یاشاردوغو؛ آزادکاران راهی ترکیه شدند | خانه کشتی | رسانه تخصصی کشتی (khanehkoshti.ir)

اعضای تیم منتخب ایران راهی جام یاشاردوغو شدند.

خانه کشتی– رقابت های کشتی آزاد جام یاشاردوغو ترکیه روزهای ۱۹ و ۲۰ اسفندماه درشهر آنتالیا ترکیه برگزار می شود.

ترکیب تیم اعزامی کشورمان که بامداد امروز (پنجشنبه) راهی کشور ترکیه شد به شرح زیر است:

۵۷ کیلوگرم: ابراهیم خواری (مازندران)

۶۱ کیلوگرم: رضا اطری و رضا مومنی (مازندران)

۶۵ کیلوگرم: علی خرمدل (تهران) محمد مهدی پلنگ وار (مازندران)

۷۰ کیلوگرم: امیرمحمد یزدانی و محمدعلی عموزاد (مازندران)

۷۴ کیلوگرم: حسین ابوذری (مازندران)

۸۶ کیلوگرم: هادی وفائی پور (همدان)

۹۲ کیلوگرم: امیرحسین فیروزپور (مازندران)

۱۲۵ کیلوگرم: امیررضا معصومی (گیلان) محمدرضا لطفی (مازندران)

سرمربی: محسن کاوه

At 65 Khorramdel and Palangvar are on top half, Hasegawa and Mamedov are bottom half.

74 Abouzari on the same top side as Burroughs, would meet in semi if he can make it that far.

125 Masoumi and Lotfi are on opposite sides of draw.

Mad there’s no live stream for this in 2024, dunno what I’m paying plus for tbh.

4 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

At 65 Khorramdel and Palangvar are on top half, Hasegawa and Mamedov are bottom half.

74 Abouzari on the same top side as Burroughs, would meet in semi if he can make it that far.

125 Masoumi and Lotfi are on opposite sides of draw.

Mad there’s no live stream for this in 2024, dunno what I’m paying plus for tbh.

Finals are shown on TRT Spor Yildiz but not any of the other matches I think. You can find the channel easily online because they stream it online.

2 hours ago, kkiane said:

Finals are shown on TRT Spor Yildiz but not any of the other matches I think. You can find the channel easily online because they stream it online.

Thanks, I watched the Saravi match on a random Russian stream of the the Turkish channel, much easier to find now. 

Anyone keeping an eye on Dan kolov? Geraei teched his way to final at 72 then got pinned by Kazakh.

4 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Thanks, I watched the Saravi match on a random Russian stream of the the Turkish channel, much easier to find now. 

Anyone keeping an eye on Dan kolov? Geraei teched his way to final at 72 then got pinned by Kazakh.

Same Kazakh that has beat Geraei like 4 times previously? 

34 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Same Kazakh that has beat Geraei like 4 times previously? 

Nah it was a guy called Satayev, can’t lie not familiar with him. Guy tried to reverse lift from parterre and Geraei stood up in a front headlock and threw him for four but got immediately turned into pin.

Trying to keep up results, Vafiepour seems to be our only guy who made it to a final. Also looks like Mamedov got teched first round by that Tajik guy Kudiev who I don’t remember being very impressive.. 

31 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Trying to keep up results, Vafiepour seems to be our only guy who made it to a final. Also looks like Mamedov got teched first round by that Tajik guy Kudiev who I don’t remember being very impressive.. 

the Mamedov that beat Amouzad ?? 65kg is crazy

disappointing to hear about Geraei, not sure what has happened to him since 2021. his decline has been ridiculous   

14 minutes ago, The Genius said:

the Mamedov that beat Amouzad ?? 65kg is crazy

disappointing to hear about Geraei, not sure what has happened to him since 2021. his decline has been ridiculous   

Yes Shamil Mamedov, 65 truly chaotic!

Shame about Geraei. One thing I would say is he wrestles very aggressively like this final, he could have sat out his opponents parterre and give up one but he when for a big action and got himself countered.

Has to be a serious discussion about 67 with Ismaili now.

1 hour ago, The Genius said:

crazy scenes

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4QukX4geDs/

Tsabalov responded to this and supported Iran, I almost forgive him for taking Bronze from Emami now 😀

Iran has suspended Mokhtari for his actions.  I think both wrestlers behaved terribly.  The Turkish coaches and head of federation also acted shamefully.  I applaud Rangraz for his leadership.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.  I remember when Geno slapped Zare.  Zare just continued on and teched him.  That's how a champion behaves.

Anyone know what the score was when all hell broke loose?

7 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Yes Shamil Mamedov, 65 truly chaotic!

Shame about Geraei. One thing I would say is he wrestles very aggressively like this final, he could have sat out his opponents parterre and give up one but he when for a big action and got himself countered.

Has to be a serious discussion about 67 with Ismaili now.

Him and Geraei should have a wrestle off. Fairest way. 2 out of 3.

7 hours ago, kmrabr said:

Also Vafaeipour teched the Mongolian 86 guy we see at Asians and worlds 10-0 to win gold. Huge tournament for him!

I reckon Kaveh will want Vafaeipour to go to Paris if Hassan doesn't heal up in time. Not saying it will happen. But they are close.

3 hours ago, Irani said:

Iran has suspended Mokhtari for his actions.  I think both wrestlers behaved terribly.  The Turkish coaches and head of federation also acted shamefully.  I applaud Rangraz for his leadership.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.  I remember when Geno slapped Zare.  Zare just continued on and teched him.  That's how a champion behaves.

Anyone know what the score was when all hell broke loose?

looks like Mokhtari was losing 1-0

yes Zare's response was perfect, made Geno look like a petulant child (I am also convinced they didn't score that action properly as a result and forgot to give Zare 1 more point, but not important in the end)

also lets not pretend if the roles were reversed and this happened in iran that we would act any better than the turks did 

2 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

I reckon Kaveh will want Vafaeipour to go to Paris if Hassan doesn't heal up in time. Not saying it will happen. But they are close.

absolutely not, what a disaster that would be

Ghasempour would be the obvious choice