Iran wrestling news

Little bit ropey at the end when mongol scored a takedown in the last 5 secs but Goleij through to semis 4-2.

Yazdani into semis with tech over Turkmenistan.

Emami 10-2 over Lu. Showed some very solid defence and wrestled really well.

All four guys through to semis!

Edited by kmrabr

Goleij through to the final 3-1. Swear I’ve never seen a wrestler having to defend a close lead in the last seconds more than him.

Zare through 10-0.

Hassan and Younes both on the mat now. 

Yazadni first round tech. 

Emami 9-3 over Evolev.

All four through to tonight’s finals!

Edited by kmrabr

1 minute ago, danny rihani said:

Goleij definitely has a chance . 

I believe!  

Asians was a crazy match, Goleij gassed him but Tazhunidov still managed to score like 10 points on him in that state lol.

5 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Yes! Thank you ref’s following the rules properly and cautioned +pt Punia for dropping to his knees to avoid push out.

Hassan up 6-0.

10-0 Hassan! Great to hear support from our fans in the crowd.

They really need to change that rule or  caution more often. Would really change the complexion of Yaz vs Taylor.

Edited by Uwwdoc

29 minutes ago, kmrabr said:

Yes! Thank you ref’s following the rules properly and cautioned +pt Punia for dropping to his knees to avoid push out.

Hassan up 6-0.

10-0 Hassan! Great to hear support from our fans in the crowd.

Im waiting your update on the goleij match and thanks.

It's funny. Not too long ago I felt that 97 is Iran's weight with most depth. And it may still be true.

But I'm struggling to figure out who would be best to get a medal in Paris.

As talented as Kamran is. And I really believe he is one of the best in the world, I understand he is putting size on....but can you imagine what a disadvantage he would be against someone who is as good but most importantly as huge as this Taz due.

19 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

It's funny. Not too long ago I felt that 97 is Iran's weight with most depth. And it may still be true.

But I'm struggling to figure out who would be best to get a medal in Paris.

As talented as Kamran is. And I really believe he is one of the best in the world, I understand he is putting size on....but can you imagine what a disadvantage he would be against someone who is as good but most importantly as huge as this Taz due.

Yeah i agree , technically kamran is the man but hes undersized for 97,  Azarpira still young and improving but now goleij is iran best chance for a  medal in paris.