Iran wrestling news

2 minutes ago, The Genius said:

Since DT initiated the move the 4 points go to him unless Yazdani changes DT's direction with the counter. On replay, it looks like he didn't. 

I understand the rule but have had it confirmed before (all be it here but still uww) even if the person initiating the takedown has a hold if they are no longer in control of that momentum it’s not their points. Doesn’t have to be a complete 90 degree change of direction, Yaz plants his feet and his change of momentum takes Taylor over imo.

But I don’t know, that’s just one element of the match and at the end of the day Taylor has consistently proven himself to be the better wrestler.

Just now, kmrabr said:

I understand the rule but have had it confirmed before (all be it here but still uww) even if the person initiating the takedown has a hold if they are no longer in control of that momentum it’s not their points. Doesn’t have to be a complete 90 degree change of direction, Yaz plants his feet and his change of momentum takes Taylor over imo.

But I don’t know, that’s just one element of the match and at the end of the day Taylor has consistently proven himself to be the better wrestler.

Ultimately the jury makes a subjective application of the unclear and bullshit rules and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Yaz had plenty of time to do something in the second period but he couldn't. 

The gap between them is getting bigger, very bad news. Yazdani has to hope DT retires after Paris 

Yazdani is head and shoulders above every one in the world not named David Taylor.

David Taylor is head and shoulders above Yazdani.

This is turning into total domination by the US team, which is great for them the year before the Olympics and bad news for everyone else.

Zare is a 2x World Champion (and 4x World/Olympic medalist) at the age of 22. 

Has any Iranian ever become a 2x world champion that young before? 

If he stays in the team 10 more years he will break every record we have. Feel bad for Masoumi. 

Edited by The Genius