Iran wrestling news

1 hour ago, Amir.Sol said:

Hey really sorry man got incredibly busy with university work this past few weeks and haven't had any time for wrestling. Yeah there's been a few big matches but I unfortunately missed them. I know Ghasempour wrestled and won against Bazri, Yazdani also wrestled but at 86 and Nokhodi lost to someone, it might have been Ghiasi I think. I can get a full list going of all the big matches later tonight if you guys are interested. The playoff/final matches start in a couple days. Those are definitely can't miss for me lol.

Nice one. Thank you

11 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

They're all on the same day, Saturday the 19th. Semifinals start at a bad time for EST, 1:45AM but the 3rd place match is at 7:30AM and final at 10:30AM.

@LJB if you're asking for the league matches well they're freestyle only for now, Greco starts soon though. The finals will probably be broadcasted on either IRIB 3 or IRIB varzesh. I'll post a link to it on the day. Although I think the football world cup starts on the same day so who knows if wrestling will even get broadcasted lol.

I look forward to it. I really hope Kamran and Hassan wrestle.

10 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

They're all on the same day, Saturday the 19th. Semifinals start at a bad time for EST, 1:45AM but the 3rd place match is at 7:30AM and final at 10:30AM.

@LJB if you're asking for the league matches well they're freestyle only for now, Greco starts soon though. The finals will probably be broadcasted on either IRIB 3 or IRIB varzesh. I'll post a link to it on the day. Although I think the football world cup starts on the same day so who knows if wrestling will even get broadcasted lol.

Don’t worry I’m pretty sure World Cup starts on the 20th

36 minutes ago, kkiane said:

When will Iran release their freestyle World Cup team? After Saturday?

List for fs wc will likely be:

57kg Reza momeni

61kg Elahi

65kg reza Bagheri

70kg Akbar fazli

74kg. M firouzpour

79kg Savadkouhi

92kg Ah firouzpour

97kg Azarpira 

125kg Masoumi

I'm not sure who will be at 86kg. Would have probably been Gholami, but not now.

As I said before. Not the A team. And not really any star studded match ups. But I will like to see Azarpira vs Snyder. He seems like he has potential.

Of course there will be some others too to those mentioned above with more name value. Amirmohammad Yazdani and Nokhodi will likely go if visas allowed. Karimi I just heard will be at 86kg.

Nokhodi vs JB will good to see again.

There are rumours of Kamran and Rahman going too, but I'm not sure about that.

Edited by Uwwdoc

32 minutes ago, LJB said:

i prefer to watch marstellar wrestle over JB pretty much across the board...

Nokhodi teched marstellar in Tunisia pretty easily. It would be a much bigger challenge and nicer to see him wrestle JB again.

3 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Nokhodi teched marstellar in Tunisia pretty easily. It would be a much bigger challenge and nicer to see him wrestle JB again.

from the iranian perspective, i would 100% agree...

1 hour ago, Uwwdoc said:

List for fs wc will likely be:

57kg Reza momeni

61kg Elahi

65kg reza Bagheri

70kg Akbar fazli

74kg. M firouzpour

79kg Savadkouhi

92kg Ah firouzpour

97kg Azarpira 

125kg Masoumi

I'm not sure who will be at 86kg. Would have probably been Gholami, but not now.

As I said before. Not the A team. And not really any star studded match ups. But I will like to see Azarpira vs Snyder. He seems like he has potential.

I love the idea of sending a young team

I am very interested to see how Azarpira, Masoumi, and the Firouzpour brothers will do against seniors of elite countries.

There has to be someone besides Gholami who is good at 86 as back up to Yazdani.

It is customary to send two people per weight, so I would be very interested to see the full roster.

1 hour ago, Irani said:

I love the idea of sending a young team

I am very interested to see how Azarpira, Masoumi, and the Firouzpour brothers will do against seniors of elite countries.

There has to be someone besides Gholami who is good at 86 as back up to Yazdani.

It is customary to send two people per weight, so I would be very interested to see the full roster.

Karimi will be there at 86.

Nokhodi and AM Yazdani likely will go too.

The only thing I don't know are rumours of Rahman and Kamran going. I find it unlikely tbh. Last I spoke to Kamran this wasn't going to occur, but that was a while ago. But things can change in Iran fast.

5 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Karimi will be there at 86.

Nokhodi and AM Yazdani likely will go too.

The only thing I don't know are rumours of Rahman and Kamran going. I find it unlikely tbh. Last I spoke to Kamran this wasn't going to occur, but that was a while ago. But things can change in Iran fast.

I would LOVE to see Karimi at 86, although he just lost in club match عکس| جذاب‌ترین کشتی لیگ با یک اتفاق ویژه/ به یاد دوران اوج؛ سرنوشت اینجا عوض شد (khabarvarzeshi.com)

I do not see any value in Kamran or Rahman wrestling at the world cup.  Nothing to prove, nothing to gain

1 hour ago, Irani said:

I would LOVE to see Karimi at 86, although he just lost in club match عکس| جذاب‌ترین کشتی لیگ با یک اتفاق ویژه/ به یاد دوران اوج؛ سرنوشت اینجا عوض شد (khabarvarzeshi.com)

I do not see any value in Kamran or Rahman wrestling at the world cup.  Nothing to prove, nothing to gain

I agree. Especially for Rahman. Much more to gain from Yianni's perspective.

Yeah Akbari beat him. And Nokhodi lost too. But in the league these things can happen.

Karimi I reckon takes both the US 86kg guys.

20 hours ago, kkiane said:

I’m excited to see Masoumi tested against another top international opponent. Let’s see how he stacks up against #9 in the world.

#9 is generous for Zilmer. Masoumi is the clear favorite in my opinion.

3 hours ago, kkiane said:

Did Momeni win the Takhti Cup?

He won nationals this year. It was the one where he had to face Atri in the finals but Atri couldn't make weight so they made him face Javan and he won. He went to Asians and got bounced in the first round so he came back to Takhti and lost his semifinal rematch to Javan.

3 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

He won nationals this year. It was the one where he had to face Atri in the finals but Atri couldn't make weight so they made him face Javan and he won. He went to Asians and got bounced in the first round so he came back to Takhti and lost his semifinal rematch to Javan.

And then he beat Javan again in the league? Who do you think is better him or Javan?

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

And then he beat Javan again in the league? Who do you think is better him or Javan?

They're both young so this back and forth kind of makes sense. Javan at least has that win over Sarlak going for him so I think it's still advantage Javan but neither of them are anything special imo. 

Momeni has been to 3 Major competitions this year (Kolov, Asians and ISG) and couldn't get past the quarter finals in any of them. He did also go to U20 Asians but couldn't even win that as well.

Javan has been to Tunisia, U20 worlds and U23 worlds. Tunisia was only for team selection and in both his world tournaments he got really unlucky draws. If we're going to have hope for someone to break out at 57 it's probably him.