Iran wrestling news

1 hour ago, kkiane said:

A few of the Serbian wrestlers were meant to move up, meaning we would have seen Nad at 67 and Nemes at 72

During worlds, Reza Geraei blamed the Serbians of being over the weight and that they were not being weighed by the Serbian officials. Not saying they cheated but it doesn't surprise me that now that they're in a different country they can't make that weight anymore, specially Nad because that guy looked huge for 63.

Just now, Amir.Sol said:

During worlds, Reza Geraei blamed the Serbians of being over the weight and that they were not being weighed by the Serbian officials. Not saying they cheated but it doesn't surprise me that now that they're in a different country they can't make that weight anymore, specially Nad because that guy looked huge for 63.

This is exactly what I was trying to bring up but I didn’t really know how to. Is there anyway if this is true they can strip them of the medals?

all i will say is that all of the serbians looked very good sized and full for the weight at seniors...

they looked "happy"

it is all a very interesting turn of events if one is prone to a specific thought pattern...

1 hour ago, kkiane said:

This is exactly what I was trying to bring up but I didn’t really know how to. Is there anyway if this is true they can strip them of the medals?

I don't really think they cheated but even if they did I'm not sure how anyone could get accurate evidence to strip them of their medals. We have to remember that Iranian wrestlers are always quick to blame others of cheating if they fail in something. Although saying that, Reza Geraei is usually one of the more humble guys so maybe his word has something to it. If Dabir had complained about it to UWW then maybe something would have been done.

"Home" teams do well for a reason...

some of it could be just a little less hassle at times... at the pointy end that can make a measurable difference in performance/disposition/luck/(whatever you want to call it)

cheating?

gamesmanship?

these terms are very close in actual application and understanding they are both a real thing and have to be accounted for in parts of training is on the coaches...

5 minutes ago, Mphillips said:

So it's not COVID and they cheated at Worlds?

knowing there were comments at seniors coupled with anecdotal evidence coupled with how this event has played out...

it is not a stretch by any means to see how one could come to that conclusion...

but...

the real deal is it does not matter one iota either way... 

it could all be woulda coulda shoulda... if ands and buts... whining...

1 hour ago, Mphillips said:

So it's not COVID and they cheated at Worlds?

Not what I'm saying at all. They are missing the world cup due to covid, nothing weight related. I also don't know whether they cheated or not, just saying our star Greco wrestler accused them of it. He's usually not one for excuses but due to the fact that there was no word of this "cheating" after the worlds within the Iranian federation leads me to believe that this was just an excuse by Geraei. Trust me if Dabir even thought for 1 second that they cheated he would not let anyone forget about the incident.

Edited by Amir.Sol

1 minute ago, Irani said:

I just looked up Covid stats in Serbia  

Daily cases are way down, they are definitely not having any serious issues with Covid there

Serbia COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer (worldometers.info)

are those the correct stats or the evil manipulated stats?

i can't keep up with which number means anything anymore...

4 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

Not what I'm saying at all. They are missing the world cup due to covid, nothing weight related. I also don't know whether they cheated or not, just saying our star Greco wrestler accused them of it. He's usually not one for excuses but due to the fact that there was no word of this "cheating" after the worlds within the Iranian federation leads me to believe that this was just an excuse by Geraei. Trust me if Dabir even thought for 1 second that they cheated he would not let anyone forget about the incident.

I'm not so sure, remember who is the UWW president. you don't want to make an enemy of him.

and of course there is no evidence to back it up. if you have nothing to prove something it's better to simply not bring it up.

yeah all Serbian wrestlers (including Arsalan) did MUCH better than their previous tournaments in Belgrade. almost the same team won just 1 bronze at the European Champs few months earlier. yeah this is suspicious but there is no evidence of any sort of cheating .

and I never believe the Serbian team withdrew because of COVID. there is another reason. maybe they didn't want their "so called World Champions" to lose heavily in another country. their team was very weak after all.