Iran wrestling news

I hope we see the #1 Iran squad.

I believe the US squad fully depends on the lineup you gents roll out.

David Taylor was on FRL last week and kind of skated around answering if he would or would not be at the World Cup as well.

I think Zahid beats anyone else you guys throw out at 86 KG aside for Yazdani (or possibly Ghasempour?).

I am also of the wish to see Ghasempour at 86 KG and Yazdani at 92 KG for this next year's Worlds.  Cox will be at 97 KG and I suspect we will see Moore (who us back and forth with Karimi) or another 86 KG guy step up (Hidlay is my preferred choice).

12 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I hope we see the #1 Iran squad.

I believe the US squad fully depends on the lineup you gents roll out.

David Taylor was on FRL last week and kind of skated around answering if he would or would not be at the World Cup as well.

I think Zahid beats anyone else you guys throw out at 86 KG aside for Yazdani (or possibly Ghasempour?).

I am also of the wish to see Ghasempour at 86 KG and Yazdani at 92 KG for this next year's Worlds.  Cox will be at 97 KG and I suspect we will see Moore (who us back and forth with Karimi) or another 86 KG guy step up (Hidlay is my preferred choice).

First, let’s hope the team will be granted visas.  The world has become so crazy, that at this point, II will take any team from Iran, Injust want them to get visas

3 hours ago, Irani said:

First, let’s hope the team will be granted visas.  The world has become so crazy, that at this point, II will take any team from Iran, Injust want them to get visas

I am with you there.

Luckily Iran has done quite well at U20, U23, and Seniors.  I am sure a quality team will come together, if you guys get the VISA situation sorted.

29 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

I am with you there.

Luckily Iran has done quite well at U20, U23, and Seniors.  I am sure a quality team will come together, if you guys get the VISA situation sorted.

Not sure the onus is on Iran to get the Visa situation sorted.  Their part is to apply for visas in some third-party country US Embassy (probably Qatar, UAE, Armenia, or Turkey)

That is the easy part.

That US embassy then needs to approve the visas.  That is the iffy part

22 minutes ago, Irani said:

Not sure the onus is on Iran to get the Visa situation sorted.  Their part is to apply for visas in some third-party country US Embassy (probably Qatar, UAE, Armenia, or Turkey)

That is the easy part.

That US embassy then needs to approve the visas.  That is the iffy part

Unfortunately politics are more important to politicians than wrestling is.

38 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Well you can't participate if you're 17 so Masoumi should be tied with whoever else has won it at 18. I know Zare was 18 when he won it too.

you can participate in seniors if you will turn 18 the same calendar year of the tourney...

i assume the same would apply for U23...

1 hour ago, LJB said:

you can participate in seniors if you will turn 18 the same calendar year of the tourney...

i assume the same would apply for U23...

Of course @ljb would know every detail of rules for participating in U17 and U23

Big freestyle league match happening right now on IRIB varzesh. Takestan vs Gaemshahr. Sarlak, Emami and Zare will wrestle. Ghasempour unfortunately won't.

Results so far:

Takestan 3 - 0 Gaemshahr

57: Sarlak 4 - 0 Momeni

61: Dastan 9 - 1 Hazratgholi

125: Zare 10 - 0 Sahraei

Goleij is wrestling now.

Edited by Amir.Sol

Final scores:

Takestan 9 - 1 Gaemshahr

57: Alireza Sarlak 4 - 0 Reza Momeni

61: Majid Dastan 9 - 1 Dariush Hazratgholi

65: Morteza Ghiasi 2 - 1 Abolfazl Hajipour

70: Aliakbar Fazli 10 - 0 Amirreza Akbarzade

74: Younes Emami 5 - 0 Fariborz Babaei

79: Mostafa Ghiasi 11 - 1 Mohammad Galehsari 

86: Alireza Karimi 10 - 0 Aref Ranjbar

92: Ahmad Bazri 5 - 2 Ezatollah Akbari

97: Danyal Shariatinia 0 - 9 Mojtaba Goleij

125: Amir Zare 10 - 0 Amirreza Sahraei

No real upsets, Ranjbar was closer to Karimi than the score suggested and Fazli is a pretty exciting wrestler. Wonder how he'd fair at U23s.

Gaemshahr didn't use Ghasempour, Lil Yaz or Nokhodi but they still would have lost. Takestan have managed to sign the second best guy in every weight, they should be the favourites to win this whole thing.

Edited by Amir.Sol

1 hour ago, Amir.Sol said:

Final scores:

Takestan 9 - 1 Gaemshahr

57: Alireza Sarlak 4 - 0 Reza Momeni

61: Majid Dastan 9 - 1 Dariush Hazratgholi

65: Morteza Ghiasi 2 - 1 Abolfazl Hajipour

70: Aliakbar Fazli 10 - 0 Amirreza Akbarzade

74: Younes Emami 5 - 0 Fariborz Babaei

79: Mostafa Ghiasi 11 - 1 Mohammad Galehsari 

86: Alireza Karimi 10 - 0 Aref Ranjbar

92: Ahmad Bazri 5 - 2 Ezatollah Akbari

97: Danyal Shariatinia 0 - 9 Mojtaba Goleij

125: Amir Zare 10 - 0 Amirreza Sahraei

No real upsets, Ranjbar was closer to Karimi than the score suggested and Fazli is a pretty exciting wrestler. Wonder how he'd fair at U23s.

Gaemshahr didn't use Ghasempour, Lil Yaz or Nokhodi but they still would have lost. Takestan have managed to sign the second best guy in every weight, they should be the favourites to win this whole thing.

Thanks for this. Is it confirmed that Hassan will be at 92 to wrestle Kamran? That was the word on the grapevine. I really hope so.

4 hours ago, Uwwdoc said:

Thanks for this. Is it confirmed that Hassan will be at 92 to wrestle Kamran? That was the word on the grapevine. I really hope so.

I'm not sure tbh. I know that he's only supposed to wrestle 3 matches, so they'll probably save him till after the group stage. 

The team that signed Hassan also signed Sajjad Gholami as what I would presume their best 86 guy if Hassan wrestles 92. Gholami's suspension may change some things for them now. They also have Javad Ebrahimi but I doubt he can make 86.

Edited by Amir.Sol

Hey guys a new forum called Intermat just opened up and I believe this is the spiritual successor to themat.com forums. Indiana has been very kind to us but I wonder if it's a good idea to move this thread to Intermat given that it seems most the other folks from the old forum are planning to move to this new one. Here's the links to it (only the IP address works right now apparently the regular link will work tomorrow): 

http://190.92.141.112/

http://www.intermatforums.com/

Obviously I don't really mind where this thread continues but this is just a suggestion.

3 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

Hey guys a new forum called Intermat just opened up and I believe this is the spiritual successor to themat.com forums. Indiana has been very kind to us but I wonder if it's a good idea to move this thread to Intermat given that it seems most the other folks from the old forum are planning to move to this new one. Here's the links to it (only the IP address works right now apparently the regular link will work tomorrow): 

Obviously I don't really mind where this thread continues but this is just a suggestion.

I'm happy here tbh

13 hours ago, Amir.Sol said:

Regardless of what we decide, we will always remain grateful for the IndianaMat people for letting us post here

Here is the key advantage of going to the other board

• There are a lot more posters there
  • Most new people will probably find that forum before they find this one

Here is the key advantage of this board

• @LJBwho is a great contributor is here, and not on the other board
  • We have managed to already get most of the key contributors here

To me, the final determining facor is whether @LJBwill be allowed on the new site, if not, I vote we stay here