Iran wrestling news

30 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

reports say Gholami wasn't feeling good after losing to USA and the team doctor had to inject him something. apparently that's against the rules and UWW disqualified him.

don't know more details

@UwwdocPlease comment.  What could the team doctor possibly have injected him that violates UWW rules.  Is that even possible that a team doctor not know the rules?

3 minutes ago, Irani said:

@UwwdocPlease comment.  What could the team doctor possibly have injected him that violates UWW rules.  Is that even possible that a team doctor not know the rules?

apparently injecting anything in middle of the competition violates the rules. (I don't know the rule. I'm just repeating what I read)

I just read Dabir's interview (which is a bit confusing) he is very angry on Gholami. and claims even if UWW doesn't ban him, we will ban him for 2 years.

Edited by wrestfan

11 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

apparently injecting anything in middle of the competition violates the rules. (I don't know the rule. I'm just repeating what I read)

I just read Dabir's interview (which is a bit confusing) he is very angry on Gholami. and claims even if UWW doesn't ban him, we will ban him for 2 years.

What exactly did he do wrong for Dabir to be so upset at him?

3 minutes ago, kkiane said:

What exactly did he do wrong for Dabir to be so upset at him?

if you can read Persian, this is what Dabir says. personally it's a bit hard to understand for me

من نمی خواستم صحبت کنم به دلیل گافی که کشتی گیر امید ایران سجاد غلامی داده است عصبانی هستم. چرا که او با گافی که داده است قهرمانی را از ایران گرفت. این کشتی گیر بار اولش نیست و ممکن است فدراسیون جهانی او را محروم کند. اگر فدراسیون محروم نکند 2 سال این کشتی گیر را محروم می‌کنم.

امروز گافی که کشتی‌گیر کرجی داده، اصلا قابل بخشش نیست چرا که امروز به دروغ رفته و به کادر پزشکی در مسابقات گفته درستکار و کاوه گفته اند باید سرم بزنم. این چندمین بار است که این کشتی گیر گاف می‌دهد و من با کسی تعارف ندارم و 2 سال بدون شک او را محروم خواهم کرد.

6 minutes ago, wrestfan said:

if you can read Persian, this is what Dabir says. personally it's a bit hard to understand for me

من نمی خواستم صحبت کنم به دلیل گافی که کشتی گیر امید ایران سجاد غلامی داده است عصبانی هستم. چرا که او با گافی که داده است قهرمانی را از ایران گرفت. این کشتی گیر بار اولش نیست و ممکن است فدراسیون جهانی او را محروم کند. اگر فدراسیون محروم نکند 2 سال این کشتی گیر را محروم می‌کنم.

امروز گافی که کشتی‌گیر کرجی داده، اصلا قابل بخشش نیست چرا که امروز به دروغ رفته و به کادر پزشکی در مسابقات گفته درستکار و کاوه گفته اند باید سرم بزنم. این چندمین بار است که این کشتی گیر گاف می‌دهد و من با کسی تعارف ندارم و 2 سال بدون شک او را محروم خواهم کرد.

He does not really tell us, does he?  He says Gholami screwed up, was dishonest with the medical staff, and this is not his first time.  I am now even more confused than before

Here is the full report which is what I assume wrestfan is talking about:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/1849753/دبیر-غلامی-را-2-سال-محروم-می-کنم

From what I can say, iv's/electrolyte injections are common practice to relieve cramping in other sports. I'm not sure if that's what Gholami has done or if that's what uww deem as against the rules.

2 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Here is the full report which is what I assume wrestfan is talking about:

https://www.varzesh3.com/news/1849753/دبیر-غلامی-را-2-سال-محروم-می-کنم

From what I can say, iv's/electrolyte injections are common practice to relieve cramping in other sports. I'm not sure if that's what Gholami has done or if that's what uww deem as against the rules.

OK, so the last paragraph confirms what @wrestfan said originally.  Any injection of a wrestler without advance notice, is considered doping by UWW.  But here is what I don't understand.  Who injected him?  If it was the medical staff, do they not know the rules?  

I don't understand why he would lie to the team doctor though. Clearly he was trying to hide this from Dorostkar so maybe he knew he's cheating. Doesn't seem like an honest "I just need an IV" mistake.

Edited by Amir.Sol

6 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

I don't understand why he would lie to the team doctor though. Clearly he was trying to hide this from Dorostkar so maybe he knew he's cheating. Doesn't seem like an honest "I just need an IV" mistake.

This is why we need to hear from @Uwwdoc

I know thing about the protocol, but I suspect if a wrestler asks for an iv or injection, there is a protocol the team doctor has to follow before he administers it.  

45 minutes ago, Irani said:

Injections over 100ml are prohibited unless there is a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) and form filled out as such, and there is also a "No needle" policy for such competitions and unless there is an emergency would it be OK for this to occur and the TUE filled out retrospectively. Otherwise you have to get the TUE first.

Doesn't matter if the substance is just water and not on the prohibited list, this is the wada code. (Obviously the volume of something prohibited doesn't matter if it is 100ml or not.)

4 minutes ago, Uwwdoc said:

Injections over 100ml are prohibited unless there is a Therapeutic Use Exemption (TUE) and form filled out as such, and there is also a "No needle" policy for such competitions and unless there is an emergency would it be OK for this to occur and the TUE filled out retrospectively. Otherwise you have to get the TUE first.

Doesn't matter if the substance is just water and not on the prohibited list, this is the wada code. (Obviously the volume of something prohibited doesn't matter if it is 100ml or not.)

And the team doctor would know this, right?  Shouldn't the team doctor notify the coaches and ask for a decision on what to do?  It seems a bit harsh to blame the whole thing on a young wrestler.

I understand the team doctor who did this may be your colleague and friend, so if you do not want to answer, I understand.

13 minutes ago, Irani said:

And the team doctor would know this, right?  Shouldn't the team doctor notify the coaches and ask for a decision on what to do?  It seems a bit harsh to blame the whole thing on a young wrestler.

I understand the team doctor who did this may be your colleague and friend, so if you do not want to answer, I understand.

Gholami lied and told the doctor that Dorostkar has told him to get an injection, so I guess the doctor just accepted that explanation. Also fwiw the injection was done yesterday, not this morning.

2 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

Gholami lied and told the doctor that Dorostkar has told him to get an injection, so I guess the doctor just accepted that explanation. Also fwiw the injection was done yesterday, not this morning.

So he was ill during the match against America?

3 minutes ago, Amir.Sol said:

That makes more semse, then.

Unfortunate either way.

1 minute ago, kkiane said:

So he was ill during the match against America?

I think it would have made him potentially better than he should have been.

IVs are common for rehydration in other sports.

23 minutes ago, Irani said:

This is why I enjoy being on this board talking to people like you. Gives me faith that there are sensible and logical folk in the world.

Just now, nhs67 said:

The 125 KG Georgian looks to utilize his height and reach advantage.

When he cannot do that he has very little to offer.  Masoumi absolutely destroyed him.

Do you think Masoumi would tech Cassioppi?

Just now, kkiane said:

Do you think Masoumi would tech Cassioppi?

I think he would have, yes.  I don't see how to even argue against that.

Styles do make matches, though so I don't think he would have done it as effortlessly as he teched the Georgian, despite the Georgian making very little effort to do the same against Cassioppi.