Fargo 2022

2 hours ago, Wrestlingfan937 said:

Is the only way to qualify for Fargo is to take 1st or second at iswa freestyle/Greco state? 
i was reading on usawrestñing site about central regionals also being a qualifier. 

Don't have to take first or second necessarily. My guy didn't even place at freestyle state, lost to Torres and Wagner in a loaded bracket and he still went to Fargo and had a decent tournament.

I believe the automatic qualifiers are Top 3 at your state finals or Top 3 at a Regional Qualifier (such as Central Regionals). Then ISWA gets so many bids they can use on kids who aren't already qualified at their discretion.

At least that's who I understand it. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Last year there was no limit to the amount of kids a state could bring.

Usually there is a max of 4 per weight with no more than 45 in Juniors and 64(I think) in U16(cadets). That doesn't include kids that qualify at a regional or other various means. Illinois usually brings a bunch of kids that qualify at regionals or the UWW events and thus brings way more than that limit.

Not sure the criteria this year, but usually if you have the $$ they will find a spot for you.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.