No champs from penn regional

Xpwc

I wouldn’t say they are falling behind at all.  East chicago is very top heavy this year with crown point (and the Crown Point regional) being so good that it’s tough to win that semi state. The Penn 220 is legit and the finals match was great

the Penn regional will have more than a few on the podium Saturday night and that’s what matters 

Edited by hogleg

It was a bizarre Saturday because the Hobart regional also had zero champs. The CP regional took 13 champs and Connor Barket got the 14th.

I agree with hogleg that the Penn regional will get placers this weekend, but I also agree with Xpwc that the regional is down right now.  In the analysis of sectional and regional depth for Team State qualification, this used to be a top 5 regional--always coming in as a Category 5 (getting credit for an extra semi-state qualifier per weight because of so much depth). The past couple of years, it's one of the thinnest in the state--down to a Category 3, where we take away one semi-state qualifier's points at each weight because of the lack of depth. The South Bend schools are way, way down, Rochester moving to FW has some impact, and the NLC schools aren't at a great level compared to years past either. 

11 hours ago, Xpwc said:

Falling way behind. 

I noticed no mention of the other regionals with no champs . Most of it has to do with perhaps the best team in Indiana history in Crown Point . That and Mishawaka is rebuilding . As for Penn , they are are ranked 6th in 4A and finished the EC Semistate in 2nd . I guess that is falling far behind . 

1 minute ago, D-train said:

Out of the 14 Semi State champs, how many came out of the CP regional? I can think of 10 off the top of my head. 

I think someone posted the results by regional in another thread.  Believe Crown Point had 13 of the champs.

On 2/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, M109R said:

I noticed no mention of the other regionals with no champs . Most of it has to do with perhaps the best team in Indiana history in Crown Point . That and Mishawaka is rebuilding . As for Penn , they are are ranked 6th in 4A and finished the EC Semistate in 2nd . I guess that is falling far behind . 

Way behind. 

On 2/13/2022 at 6:49 AM, hogleg said:

I wouldn’t say they are falling behind at all.  East chicago is very top heavy this year with crown point (and the Crown Point regional) being so good that it’s tough to win that semi state. The Penn 220 is legit and the finals match was great

the Penn regional will have more than a few on the podium Saturday night and that’s what matters 

Who?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.