IU at PU MONDAY night

Well the jury is in. PU’s head start on coaching changes is a distinct advantage in this in state rivalry. Congrats to the boilermakers. And especially Tony.I know last year Purdue was hit with the injury bug at the time they were really making strides in the conference. This year they have shown that they are getting to be a team with some depth at all weight classes. I hope they get their men up there in the BIG tournament.  
As for Indiana, as bad as this dual looked it is a reflection of what the program had gotten to over the last 10 or 12 years past. They have a few bright spots but , coupled with the injury bug ,in a roster filled with mostly 2nd and 3rd tier wrestlers from our state , it just amplified this scenario. 
Not to be discouraged, remember what Purdue looked like 5 years ago. Escobedo, Tsirtsis and Jordan are new at this. You have to also remember what these coaches standards were in college, check all their records. I’ll give the Indiana coaches, the young guys, a lot more time and leeway to bring the program up to their standards. Both programs need to keep hammering the in state elite to stay at home ,in order to get to the top of the conference.