BoonVegas

IndianaGrappler

I haven't really been following wrestling that much this past year. But I always enjoy this time of year when the tournaments begin. The excitement in the air, fans screaming (thanks IHSAA for taking that away), and wrestlers stepping up and battling for the illustrious prize of a State Championship. Living down here in the southwestern part of the state we always know Mater Dei is going to win the Central Sectional. I believe this was their 45th straight title. But the Castle Sectional is known to fluctuate more between its winner. Castle has won it for the last several years, but Boonville has been giving them a hell of a run for the last 2-3 years. I was there last year when Boonville was winning all day, only to watch it slip away in the final matches of the championship rounds. But this year Boonville pulled it off. They again were leading all day and were able to hold off Castle as they made a last chance effort in the finals. Boonville had 8 kids in finals and qualified 13 wrestlers for the North Regionals. I saw where Mater Dei had all 14 of their wrestlers going, but besides Boonville with 13, Heritage Hills was the next closest with 12, then Castle with 10, and North Posey with 9. Boonville's program has been battling it out for years now down here in the Dirty South and I for one am glad to see them pull off this championship run. Congratulations to all the Pioneer wrestlers and fans (they're an energetic bunch). And congratulations to the co-head coaches, Coach Wilke and Coach Marchand on capturing their first Sectional title. Our community has been watching you guys develop that program for years now. Job well done! 

Those coaches at Boonville have done a great job with that program. 

To see them lead from start to finish eas awesome.

Hopefully this will quite the doubters in argued with on here in the past about that program  having good re odds but can't win in the state series.

Congratulations Boonville you deserved it and you earned it no one can take that away from you. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.