Sign in to follow this  
MattM

Final X - Nebraska

Former IU wrestler Lucas Sheridan falls short of making the World Team in the afternoon session   

In the evening session, Kayla Miracle takes match 1 with a score of 12-2.  She was in total control other than giving up a quick double off the whistle at the start of the 2nd period.  One more to make the Senior Women’s World Team.  I hope she keeps the shots looking good in the next match since that was the down fall in last years meet.  

Sarah Hildebrandt comes out in a Captain Marvel singlet.  She had my vote before, but I’ll give her some added style points.  

Hildebrandt with a 3-0 win.  Got the shot clock point from Shai in the first  and then a slick throwby/slideby takedown in the 2nd. One more for her to make the World Team. 

Posted (edited)

Round 2 

Miracle going to Worlds 4-0  Velte was a Bronze medal winner last year after topping Kayla in 3 matches.  So Kayla is definitely in medal contention with her improved takedown IQ.   

Edited by MattM

Lets add another Hoosier wrestler to this years world team.  Sarah’s Hildebrandt makes her 2nd world team with a 8-0 win.   

With silver medal last year, Sarah is a medal contender again.