Castle Sectional

SWSpectator

Thought for sure this topic would have already started, but after looking at brackets and doing my predictions, I can now see why there is no talk about this Sectional......CASTLE RUNS AWAY WITH IT. They have a legit shot to win the first 11 weight classes, and heck they could even win all 14 on a good day! Only 1 kid not seeded top 4 (Rolley at 195) and I wouldn't count him out from pulling off a couple upsets. With this sectional losing Mt.Vernon, it loses a lot of depth and talent.

Predictions:

106: Casebolt, Rice, Hall, Kirchgessner

113: Annakin, Horty, Overton, Yeh

120: Bealmear, Teague, Tucker, Barrett

126: Willis, Craig, Hollowell, Graham

132: Clopton, Craig, Schaefer, Brockers

138: Ramsey, Fehrenbacher, Brockman, Ayer

145: Ninke, McNutt, Hawhee, Durcholz

152: Williams, Nunn, Blair, Pemberton

160: Farmer, Rodgers, Folz, Pollock

170: Dowell, Garnett, Brown, Belli

182: McKinley, Mohler, Sturgeon, Lichlyter

195: Barclay, Gahagen, Rolley, Shaw

220: Norman, Huggins, Sulawske, Porter

285: Lofton, Ohlsen, Hughes, McManus

Thought for sure this topic would have already started, but after looking at brackets and doing my predictions, I can now see why there is no talk about this Sectional......CASTLE RUNS AWAY WITH IT. They have a legit shot to win the first 11 weight classes, and heck they could even win all 14 on a good day! Only 1 kid not seeded top 4 (Rolley at 195) and I wouldn't count him out from pulling off a couple upsets. With this sectional losing Mt.Vernon, it loses a lot of depth and talent.

Predictions:

Not too bad on your predictions for the most part except for one weight class. There are a couple of others I would argue too but there is the 1 prediction you have that really stands out to me and that's 195. You do realize at 195 - Shaw has beaten Gahagen earlier in the season and just beat Rolley this last Saturday right? Also when he faced Barclay back in December, the final score was a big ol whopping 2-1. We'll see Shaw and Barclay in the finals on this one and I believe this match up will produce some fireworks! Just my opinion.

Predictions:

Predictions:

Predictions:

Last time I checked all these boys lace up the same way.  I would not count anyone out now.  I'm pretty sure the boys on Lincoln Ave and the boys on the hill carry some pride and come from programs that have a long history of competing.  There's 2-3 on both teams that could make a lot of noise.  Yes, Mt. Vernon is a loss of depth and talent, but Memorial and Reitz both beat them in duals this year.  I'm pretty sure these teams will not lie down because the opposing wrestlers singlet says CASTLE or anything else for that matter.  Castle is a good upcoming team but they are not MATER DEI as evident in the 46-15 score earlier in the year.

As I posted under another topic, I think Castle has a very good chance of advancing all 14 wrestlers to the Castle Regional.  Beyond that, all

weight classes are up for grabs.  There are zero Nick Lees in this sectional.  There may be some Castle favorites, but zero locks.

Predictions:

i like your picks.  

132-  craig over schaefer?  have those two wrestled this year?  it should be a good one.  lot of motivation in the match; the loser will likely get lee or elpers in the first round at regional.

152-  williams over nunn.  nunn beat him at siac.  was williams ill/injured?

Schaefer has been in and out of the line up, not sure how healthy he is, that's why I picked Craig over him.

I know Nunn beat Williams last weekend, but I'm going with the senior will come ready to go this weekend and find a way to knock off the talented freshman.

Schaefer has been in and out of the line up, not sure how healthy he is, that's why I picked Craig over him.

I know Nunn beat Williams last weekend, but I'm going with the senior will come ready to go this weekend and find a way to knock off the talented freshman.

Schaefer hurt is wrist on January 2 and has not wrestled since.

Last weekend was Will Nunns first action since Mooresville on 12/30.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.