HNAC Inaugural Conference Meet

The Fine Print

Congratulations to the Triton Trojans who won the inaugural HNAC conference meet on Saturday!  West Central was second, LaVille third and Knox fourth in what was essentially a four horse race.  The other teams didn't field enough wrestlers to compete for the title, though a couple had champions.  Triton had two champions in Malachi Greene at 120 and Gage Waddle at 160.  Bryce Swihart finished second at 113 and we had several thirds.  Everyone on the Triton roster placed to secure the team win.

Tristan Rodriquez from Culver was HNAC wrestler of the year, and Coaches Brown and Arveson from Triton were named coaches of the year for the conference.  Quite an honor for those two as they were also named coaches of the year last year in the NSC's final season!

Edited by The Fine Print

I don't know anything about Pioneer wrestling per se, but I was surprised by how poorly some of the best football schools did on the mat!  I have thought that football and wrestling success often go hand-in-hand, but in the HNAC this year the best football schools finished toward the bottom of the wrestling conference (Pioneer and North Judson particularly).  And two of the three worst football schools finished 1st and 2nd in wrestling (Triton and West Central)!  LaVille was the only school that did really well in both this year.

I don't know anything about Pioneer wrestling per se, but I was surprised by how poorly some of the best football schools did on the mat!  I have thought that football and wrestling success often go hand-in-hand, but in the HNAC this year the best football schools finished toward the bottom of the wrestling conference (Pioneer and North Judson particularly).  And two of the three worst football schools finished 1st and 2nd in wrestling (Triton and West Central)!  LaVille was the only school that did really well in both this year.

The good football teams would have been better football teams if they had more wrestlers.

Can anyone give me any feedback in regards to the Pioneer team?  I saw they had three guys?  Sickness? Injuries?

I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure they don't have numbers this year. There are 4 dual results on their page, 2 of them are shutouts, one they scored 3 and the other one scored 6.

Can anyone give me any feedback in regards to the Pioneer team?  I saw they had three guys?  Sickness? Injuries?

My speculation is that without the proper leadership in the past few years and a new coach this year, that the kids would rather "lift for football".  Also the younger Kiser decided to play basketball rather than wrestle.  

Edited by allritecoach

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.