Tommy Forte showed a lot of class

WaltHarris

I thought Tommy Forte showed a lot of class after the championship. Many have discussed the displays of poor sportsmanship by some wrestlers. The gloating. Or the stomping and gear tossing. It is not often two returning state champions wrestle for a second title against each other.  Tommy showed a lot of class in the dignified way he handled himself in a heartbreaking situation for the kid. I don't know Tommy Forte. However, I always thought he was an excellent wrestler. I now also realize he (and the parents who raised him) are excellent human beings.

I am impressed as well.  I also coach a youth club and I mentioned him Monday night at practice.  I don't know Tommy but I can honestly say ( I wish I could say it directly to him) I want all my club boys and especially my own 2 sons to turn out just like him.  Even if they aren't a state champ, if they are half the young man he is I will be proud.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.