Applaud Fairfield Coach

fatheroftriplets

Friday night we watching Forrest vs. Jacob Cottey a very tough first round match...we all know the outcome and as with any Senior who has worked as hard as Cottey, he got emotional.  I don't know who the Fairfield Coach was who grabbed and hugged Jacob, said something to him as he walked off the mat but it was epitome of class.  You could tell it had an effect on Cottey whatever he said.. I tip my hat to Fairfield coach for that...very classy

There are other coaches who probably did the same thing all over the state...that's why this is a great sport

Thank You for the nice post, I would hope that a coach would comfort my son if he lost his last high school match in that situation (Friday Night). Cottey and Forrest left it all on the mat.  I just told him he was a stud wrestler and keep his head up.

About the chest bump.  I believe that we all have different ways of expressing ourselves that was just his way, I guess, I would prefer a hand shake. Was a great ride for my son he is very pleased the way he wrestled as I am as well.

Thanks,

Dan Glogouski

Thank You for the nice post, I would hope that a coach would comfort my son if he lost his last high school match in that situation (Friday Night). Cottey and Forrest left it all on the mat.  I just told him he was a stud wrestler and keep his head up.

About the chest bump.  I believe that we all have different ways of expressing ourselves that was just his way, I guess, I would prefer a hand shake. Was a great ride for my son he is very pleased the way he wrestled as I am as well.

Thanks,

Dan Glogouski

You tell Forrest the Crumes are proud of that kid! Nice job coach, very exciting!

I'd like to applaud Coach Glogouski specifically for handling that chest bump so well. I can tell you I would not have handled it in the classy way you did. The Glogouski family has always been a class act, whether it be Forrest's loss last year in the ticket round to Phillips or Blake's loss this year to Langeloh in the ticket round, both boys kept their cool and to me that's impressive. Good job as a father and as a coach! With bad behavior on the mat becoming more and more common, it's nice to see there's still excellent sportsmanship around. Congrats on Forrest's career and good luck to Blake his next two years in HS!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.