North montgomery regionals?

Tk12001

I was really disappointed in the awards presentations also. The wrestlers deserves a podium and not stuck in the back of the gym. The team presentation was pretty lacking. Any of the teams winning deserve better than handing them a label in the middle of rolling up mats and putting away chairs. It may be controlled by the IHSAA, but I have to say....ribbons for placing in sectionals and regionals is cheesy. Although they cost more, medals are much nicer. And I totally understand the logistics of hosting are huge. It takes many volunteers to make it all happen. I just think we can class it up a little more. I think it would be better for the sport. FIRE AWAY!  ;D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really disappointed in the awards presentations also. The wrestlers deserves a podium and not stuck in the back of the gym. The team presentation was pretty lacking. Any of the teams winning deserve better than handing them a label in the middle of rolling up mats and putting away chairs. It may be controlled by the IHSAA, but I have to say....ribbons for placing in sectionals and regionals is cheesy. Although they cost more, medals are much nicer. And I totally understand the logistics of hosting are huge. It takes many volunteers to make it all happen. I just think we can class it up a little more. I think it would be better for the sport. FIRE AWAY!  ;D

Totally agree with medals not cheesy ribbons. Also team champion is a big deal. Should be celebrated as such.

I believe this regional should be moved to Crawfordsville HS..

While I agree the award presentations need to be adjusted.  I feel the primary reason this event should be moved is seating.  There is not enough seating in NMHS gymnasium for the spectators.  Crawfordsville and Zionsville both offer more seating than North Montgomery, and the seating area would be upstairs with competition on the main floor.  Due to the lack of seating there is a tremendous overflow of spectators to the wrestling floor area.  I saw on several separate matches yesterday where the "emotional fan/parent" was too close to the mat and were a distraction.  These situations could get ugly quickly and it almost happened yesterday. There was a situation in the semi finals at 152 where a parent of one of the wrestlers was matside (due to the lack of seating I presume), and made some taunting gestures and yells toward an opposing coach.  I thought for sure there was going to be some fireworks between the parent and the coach, thankfully the official and the coach of the parent's school stepped in and got the parent away.  These situations should never happen and detract from the athletes.  I think if the regional was moved to Crawfordsville everyone would have more room and situations like the one at 152 yesterday could be avoided. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.