End of season weigh-in question(s) -- weather impacts

Galagore

Our conference tournament is cancelled for today, likely not going to be able to get it in at all.  In this event, we will have lost the weigh-in for this weekend.  With that in mind, I have a multi-level question(s).  We have a guy who needed that meet to make scratch weigh-in.  I don't know if the weight-management plan had him making that day (doubt it), but theoretically a guy could have that day as "the" day for him to be scheduled to make scratch.  Here is what I have to ask:

Does scratch weigh-in need to be made prior to Sectional weigh-in or prior to sectional seeding?

Would circumstances such as our current weather situation be cause for re-evaluating (in the event that it needs to be prior to seeding)?

More specifically on my second question, could we get a mid-week dual around in order to get another weigh-in for a guy who needs to make scratch?

Any help is appreciated, any information that I did not look up in an old post that addressed these issues is regretted.

Thank you for the information.  I assume by the replies that means the weigh-in must occur prior to Sectional weigh-in.  Is this your experience?

From

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/boys%20sports/wrestling/IHSAA%20Wrestling%20Weigh-In%20Regulations%20%282%29.pdf

All wrestlers must have a minimum of six (6) “qualifying” weigh-ins prior to Monday, January 27, 2014 which is the Monday prior to the sectional and the day of the seeding meetings. The six (6) qualifying weigh-ins must occur between November 18, 2013 and January 27, 2014

You may be able to smooth talk the IHSAA, that would be your best bet.

We had a similar experience several years ago where a wrestler needed a scratch weigh in and the meet got rescheduled for after sectional seeding. We emailed the IHSAA and got an exemption in writing allowing a weigh-in after the specified date.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.