Harrison 10 Way

Say What?

SURE thing college prospect?  What is that?

Exactly my point.  No one makes you stop and say, there is Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Penn State, or whatever next wrestler.   

I know there are kids that have the talent to get it done, but i haven't seen the talent level that has been before us in the last few years.  Need more proof?  Look at the number of open spots on local teams compared to a few years ago especially for programs that have had strong teams race fly.  Like I said, it is the nature of things. 

Exactly my point.  No one makes you stop and say, there is Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Penn State, or whatever next wrestler.   

I know there are kids that have the talent to get it done, but i haven't seen the talent level that has been before us in the last few years.  Need more proof?  Look at the number of open spots on local teams compared to a few years ago especially for programs that have had strong teams race fly.  Like I said, it is the nature of things.

You missed the sarcasm. There is no such thing as a sure thing vis a vis high school athletes.

"You know" there are kids that have the talent.  How do you "know"?  What is your track record?  What are your credentials?  Do you recruit for a major college program?

Your "proof" is the number of open spots on local teams with traditionally strong programs.  I follow the box scores in the newspaper.  I don't recall seeing any forfeits on the rosters of reitz, mater dei, harrison, central, memorial, castle, north, boonville, gibson southern, mt. vernon, heritage hills, princeton, southridge or jasper, to name a few.

Sorry if this flies in the face of your Natural Order of things.  Where can I learn more about the Natural Order?  I have never heard of it.  Google was no help.

You missed the sarcasm. There is no such thing as a sure thing vis a vis high school athletes.

"You know" there are kids that have the talent.  How do you "know"?  What is your track record?  What are your credentials?  Do you recruit for a major college program?

Your "proof" is the number of open spots on local teams with traditionally strong programs.  I follow the box scores in the newspaper.  I don't recall seeing any forfeits on the rosters of reitz, mater dei, harrison, central, memorial, castle, north, boonville, gibson southern, mt. vernon, heritage hills, princeton, southridge or jasper, to name a few.

Sorry if this flies in the face of your Natural Order of things.  Where can I learn more about the Natural Order?  I have never heard of it.  Google was no help.

I can see where a boy who reads box scores expecting them to tell the complete story would be so ignorant to not recognize anything to do with natural order or anything more complicated than a door knob.

So let's think about YOUR qualifications Box Score Champion. Reading Yoyour team 84 Some other team 0 means what?  Maybe they even include 3 match scores, all obviously pins for your team.  The obvious logic there would be 3 matches contested, 11 Forfeits.  See that's why sitting here debating on a message board with someone who has no actual expirence outside watching his nephew wrestle or whatever is a joke.   

As for your sarcasm. Oh I got it, but gave it the importance it was due. 

Sorry you're all butt hurt, but honestly that will always be funnier to me than actually matters to anyone. 

Johaan, great job insulting a group of kids. From your comments I can tell you have a stellar personality.  Mentally weak huh, was the 195 mentally weak when the Trinity kid head butted him in the mouth and ended his season. Or the 126 that continued to wrestle after his shoulder was dislocated and win his match. You need to watch what and how you speak about wrestling kids, Reitz or otherwise. Every kid on the mat today sacrificed to be there, good, bad or indifferent. My hats off to every single wrestler there today, including your kid. Next time try pointing out the good instead of dwelling on the bad. I guess whatever it takes for you to feel better about yourself.

physical injuries have nothing to do with mental strength - i hope he's ok. every wrestler sacrifices every time he walks out there. i didnt mean to insult any kids i was just describing what i saw. the SIAC outside of MD and a few central/reitz guys is very down. reitz, outside of a few kids, is either very bad overall or didnt show up in the 2 important duals (i.e. - they showed themselves to be weak mentally)...every program has down years, and this is one for reitz from what i saw. you are taking it too personally - patting kids on the back for losing just reinforces losing

Very simple actually, state wide, let's look at the number of SURE thing college prospects.  You mention some really great names there and I agree they stand a great chance at taking of to the next level, but let's look at  2 to 3 hears ago by comparison. 

As for Mater Dei, I am sorry but they are down.  Union County has a great program and tradition, but let's be really honest here, from about 152?160 and up they are not as good as they are below that.  Mater Dei is suspect in that same range.  Just more experience. 

What I am saying is this, if you took the kids from Mates Dei at their current weights, and took them back in time 5 years back, do you think they would be starters?  Example, the Lee kid from Mater Dei is an exceptional talent, bit do you REALLY think he would have beaten Luke Welch or Wedding from Memorial?  I have serious doubts he would.  Would  Mates Dei's current 160 have started in front of John Sims?  I seriously doubt it. 

The competition is just down across the board at the moment. Make no mistake it will be back up and raging soon, its just the natural order of things.

OK...I"m sure you are trolling but I'll take the bait  and I am going to disagree with what you are saying.  First off, if you want to compare MD to five years ago I can name several guys that wouldn't crack todays lineup from that team so you can throw that out the door.  And you may be right about talent in this area being down a bit but I can promise you that Indiana overall is no more down now than 5 years ago.  And I'm not going to comment on Nick Lee until his 4 years are finished but I think you are missing the boat on him...take a look at his resume and then get back with me.

You never did state your credentials.  When you claim to "know" things, knowledge, experience, education, etcetera tend to lend credence to your statements.

It's called "credibility."

Furthermore, if you read the box scores, you would learn that the schools I mentioned earlier have full line-ups, not forfeits.  That was the point.  I have seen a number of those schools wrestle.  Win or lose, I have generally been impressed by the conditioning and effort put forth by their athletes.

I see you claim to be affiliated with Purdue.  I assume you are a fan, not a student or graduate.  Purdue is a top-flight institution.  I would be very disappointed to learn that my tax dollars support a college that turns out students who cannot support a coherent argument, structure a sentence, or, for that matter, have an understanding of basic grammar.

Your friend,

Box Score Champion

physical injuries have nothing to do with mental strength - i hope he's ok. every wrestler sacrifices every time he walks out there. i didnt mean to insult any kids i was just describing what i saw. the SIAC outside of MD and a few central/reitz guys is very down. reitz, outside of a few kids, is either very bad overall or didnt show up in the 2 important duals (i.e. - they showed themselves to be weak mentally)...every program has down years, and this is one for reitz from what i saw. you are taking it too personally - patting kids on the back for losing just reinforces losing

Damn right I'm taking it personally!  If I called your kid an "incurably mentaly weak" wrestler you'd take offense also. And I never said pat a kid on the back. I said look to the good stuff (ie memorial was impressive, Blackwell showed why he's ranked nationally). You however made a point of calling out Reitz. A cowardly thing to do behind your screen name. MD is a very, very good team. Many impressive kids. Thats how you post. People like you are detrimental to the sport, always pointing out the negative to make yourself sound brilliant, you should know it does the opposite.

Damn right I'm taking it personally!  If I called your kid an "incurably mentaly weak" wrestler you'd take offense also. And I never said pat a kid on the back. I said look to the good stuff (ie memorial was impressive, Blackwell showed why he's ranked nationally). You however made a point of calling out Reitz. A cowardly thing to do behind your screen name. MD is a very, very good team. Many impressive kids. Thats how you post. People like you are detrimental to the sport, always pointing out the negative to make yourself sound brilliant, you should know it does the opposite.

touche. i wish whoever you are rooting for good luck and appreciate his contribution to the sport. merry christmas

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.