Observations on Freestyle and Greco State

I know this might be off topic, but.....

Besides the staggered start times being a flop, I thought it went pretty good. I was honored to get to be an official once again. The growth of Fayette co. Wrestling club had not allowed me to do it over the last few years. I think baby step are being taken to help this tourney grow. It will take time and effort from the ISWA, clubs, and coaches, but it can happen. I know as and official, ISWA made great strides to have the best officials(Tom,Dave,zach,Gus,toska,mike mc,mike h, jan, ken, bob) I'm sure I'm missing a few but I have personally looked up to all of u.

Jerry

I think the staggered start time is a good idea, not sure why it didn't work but I think that with time it will. This lets the wrestlers get their next match sooner and not cool down as much between matches. The kids are what it is all about anyway. It didn't really help me as far as time there because having a wrestler start at 9 and the other one at 12 we were there from 8am until after 9pm anyway but in all was a very good day.  Two mats for the finals would help as that mat got real backed up.  Kudos to the ISWA for trying something different  and with time this will work. Keep up the good work.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.