Chael Sonnen on the Olympics

coops99

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoWpgpZk-3Y

Some pretty strong words from Chael! Whats your opinion?

My general opinion of Chael is that he's often hilarious and often brings out good points. 

My opinion of the significance of his comments in this case is that they are worth absolutely nothing.  A smackdown from an influential blowhard only comes across as arrogant and belittling to other cultures. 

As has been said a million times, FILA screwed up by not doing some basic networking, image development, and promotion of the sport to the right people.  Even now, the only way any headway will be made is through a loud, unified, respectful, and ongoing demonstration of how important wrestling is worldwide.  A lot of this is happening and is much more important than a Sonnen rant.

My general opinion of Chael is that he's often hilarious and often brings out good points. 

My opinion of the significance of his comments in this case is that they are worth absolutely nothing.  A smackdown from an influential blowhard only comes across as arrogant and belittling to other cultures. 

As has been said a million times, FILA screwed up by not doing some basic networking, image development, and promotion of the sport to the right people.  Even now, the only way any headway will be made is through a loud, unified, respectful, and ongoing demonstration of how important wrestling is worldwide.  A lot of this is happening and is much more important than a Sonnen rant.

you hit the nail on the head......but for as much of a blowhard as he is, he has been a great coach on the ultimate fighter......i expected him to be a dick most of the time but he has proved otherwise....

Not a huge fan of his, and do 99%of the time find him to be a blowhard; however, I really cannot refute any of his points.  I certainly hope you are correct, and the worldwide support shown leads to saving Olympic wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.