Weights

1prouddad

Im pretty sure it would be a waste for Ben Stewart, Skylour Turner and Breyden Bailey to wrestle in CYO. They are competing very well in state and national Tourneys let alone them wrestling CYO. It would be boring for them and they wouldnt have fun

What parish are they from? Are they eligigble to wrestle CYO?

You my be right from a competition perspective although many kids do CYO and ISWA/USA

Idk about that, but im pretty sure Breyden's brother wrestles for Saint Barnabas. No they are not eligible because Ben is still recovering from his shoulder injury and breyden and skylour wrestle for a middle school team, so they arent eligible to wrestle CYO

when your good people want to wrestle for you

Had there been open enrollment back in the 06-09 seasons I would of been a Caveman. Tough partners, dedicated coaching, and a history of success and sending kids to wrestle in college. I would never blame a kid or parent for wanting to improve their situation and I cant blame a coach for wanting to win either.

Haven't payed much attention to them between the years of 1973 and 2010 then. I have plenty of first hand accounts so you will never convince me otherwise...I guess we agree to disagree on the matter.

It tells me plenty that when the IRISH beats up on Roncalli especially in football how you folks cry recruiting, but when you had your run on us you only heard great game. Do you understand the differrence between a private and non-private school is, and if so go find out where Park Tudor and International kids come from because they are not even close to all area kids. Yogi Farrell went to Park Tudor and his brother from the same home went to Perry Meridian, so is somebody recruiting or could it be a family choice. As a private school Cathedral has no boundries for students, Roncalli has between 11-13 Catholic feeder schools on the southside without another Catholic high school anywhere around, and I cannot name 1 public school that can say that so cry your river somewhere else.

It tells me plenty that when the IRISH beats up on Roncalli especially in football how you folks cry recruiting, but when you had your run on us you only heard great game. Do you understand the differrence between a private and non-private school is, and if so go find out where Park Tudor and International kids come from because they are not even close to all area kids. Yogi Farrell went to Park Tudor and his brother from the same home went to Perry Meridian, so is somebody recruiting or could it be a family choice. As a private school Cathedral has no boundries for students, Roncalli has between 11-13 Catholic feeder schools on the southside without another Catholic high school anywhere around, and I cannot name 1 public school that can say that so cry your river somewhere else.

Big Bob- No crying here...I have had my share of losses on the wrestling mat and football field and blame no one but myself (although my teams record was 0-0 Vs Cathedral football as we unfortunately didn't play them).

If you look back on this topic I first responded because tkdwn 2 stated "Catholic schools recruit". I always get annoyed by this accusation (apparently you do too) because it is unfair to the Catholic schools who never recruit.

There are a few schools in Indiana who have recruited in the past (as I already said I have plenty of first hand accounts) and it gives the Mater Deis, Roncallis, Chatards, Ritters, Scecinas of the Catholic School world a bad name.

Also, I should clarify that I am not speaking about anyone currently on your team (I do not know anything about your team/kids) and my first hand accounts involve mostly past football and basketball players and few wrestlers.

Again, I guess we agree to disagree so this will be my last "cry" session/post on the subject.

On a lighter note-- Good luck to your son next year, he is an excellent wrestler. Just curious, will he wrestle or play football in college and is he getting any D1 offers yet?

Big Bob- No crying here...I have had my share of losses on the wrestling mat and football field and blame no one but myself (although my teams record was 0-0 Vs Cathedral football as we unfortunately didn't play them).

If you look back on this topic I first responded because tkdwn 2 stated "Catholic schools recruit". I always get annoyed by this accusation (apparently you do too) because it is unfair to the Catholic schools who never recruit.

There are a few schools in Indiana who have recruited in the past (as I already said I have plenty of first hand accounts) and it gives the Mater Deis, Roncallis, Chatards, Ritters, Scecinas of the Catholic School world a bad name.

Also, I should clarify that I am not speaking about anyone currently on your team (I do not know anything about your team/kids) and my first hand accounts involve mostly past football and basketball players and few wrestlers.

Again, I guess we agree to disagree so this will be my last "cry" session/post on the subject.

On a lighter note-- Good luck to your son next year, he is an excellent wrestler. Just curious, will he wrestle or play football in college and is he getting any D1 offers yet?

Sorry if I took your post out of context, but I think Cathedral has always had a bad rap on the recruiting subject, because as a private they have to advertise for students as does Park Tudor, International just to name a couple others. When your graduation rate is 99% of your student including athletes, and your college attending grads are at 98% I don't think your a problem in today's big picture of schools.

Thanks for the kind words concerning my son, and yes he wants to wrestle in college, and some interest from both parties are from Purdue, Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, Navy and Indiana in no particular order.

Does Roncali have an open house? If so, then yes that's called recruiting. Catholic schools that have CYO feeder programs still send our flyers regarding their school to all the CYO schools. That's called recruiting. It HAS to be done. Cathedral is in the same boat. I'm not saying Roncali, Chatard, or Scecina is paying kids to play or anything like that. However do not say they don't recruit because they do and have to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.