updates on the siac tournament

BIGJOESCOUT

I was impressed with the Freshman Leyman from MD @ 113.   I thought the win over Kuhn may have been a fluke but he followed that up with a battle against Brown (CA) in the finals - losing a close one.

Dominate wresters were / are:  Ferguson ® 106, Welch (CA) 126, and Kelly (CE) 145.   Schneider (MD) 170 and Lane (N) 182 also looked dominate yesterday but both weight classes seem to be down this year.  

132 is stacked with Meiring (CA), Pierre (MD), Johns ® and Wedding (ME).   Any given day you could switch this order around and it would be hard to argue.  A full strength Wedding would be considered the favorite but all are very close.

Congrats to Central with the 4 champs and 2nd place team finish.

What does that even mean?

I believe it means all the talk about domination at this weight or that proved great bulletin board fodder and when it all was said and done, the reality was not what some believed.

Not bashing on the kids, but giving people a reason to beat the team you support is just foolish.

As I said, I don't have a dog in the fight, but I have watched many kids try to live up to the expectations of their "fans" and it will crush them faster than anything.  If they are dominate, it will show in the end.  That is all that really matters. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.