NLC Conference Championships this Saturday

charger.dad

Elkhart Memorial, Concord, Goshen, Northwood, Northridge, Plymouth, Warsaw and Wawasee.

If Memorial has their 4 injured starters healthy and ready to go, I think they will win their 12th consecutive conference title. If not, Plymouth could take the crown with the solid team they have this year. And you can never count out Goshen......

What weight is nick vaughn going to wrestle. seen he was at 145. Last week?

not sure yet......145 or 152.....he has been a very light 160lber all year having to never diet and eat a lot just to get in the upper 150's.....so 152 was always easy and he figured awhile back he wanted the option to go 145 possibly......so he started bringing his weight down and got there last week.....he's lucky in that his body sheds weight easily and he still feels good.....he'll either stay at 145 like he has this week or eat back up to 152.....they're still trying to get our lineup set working around all our injuries......it'd been a disappointing end to the regular season with so many of our guys getting hurt...

In previous years www.broadcastport.net has LIVE VIDEO webcasted the NLC Tourney, even though we have never experienced a very large audience.

However the Northern Lakes Conference has decided that we would have to pay $300 in rights fees just so that all 12 of you could watch live.

Oh well, I guess the Northern State Conference still appreciates the  media coverage.

In previous years www.broadcastport.net has LIVE VIDEO webcasted the NLC Tourney, even though we have never experienced a very large audience.

However the Northern Lakes Conference has decided that we would have to pay $300 in rights fees just so that all 12 of you could watch live.

Oh well, I guess the Northern State Conference still appreciates the  media coverage.

i would be telling the NLC goodbye if i were broadcast sports......they should appreciate the fact that the conference and it's teams are getting free exposure......

Any updates ?

Elkhart Memorial wins the tournament as a team but has to share the conference title with Plymouth because they beat Memorial in a dual a week ago. Injuries really knocked Memorial down at the end of the year but today even with 3 starters still out (120 Flickinger, 138 Blodgett and 170 Kendall) they managed to pull out the victory (12th straight NLC title). Memorial weight class winners were 126 Jermel Moody Neukom, 145 Nick Vaughn, 152 Chris Morris and 182 Tieshawn Johnson. It was a very well run tournament with a lot of close matches leading into and including the finals. I will post the full results when (if) they come out in the paper tomorrow.

Elkhart Memorial wins the tournament as a team but has to share the conference title with Plymouth because they beat Memorial in a dual a week ago. Injuries really knocked Memorial down at the end of the year but today even with 3 starters still out (120 Flickinger, 138 Blodgett and 170 Kendall) they managed to pull out the victory (12th straight NLC title). Memorial weight class winners were 126 Jermel Moody Neukom, 145 Nick Vaughn, 152 Chris Morris and 182 Tieshawn Johnson. It was a very well run tournament with a lot of close matches leading into and including the finals. I will post the full results when (if) they come out in the paper tomorrow.

Tieshawn down to 182? Wow!

Is Jenkins at 195 now?

Tieshawn down to 182? Wow!

Is Jenkins at 195 now?

whoops......my mistake......tieshawn won 195, not 182.....kain is still at 182 and lost in OT to the Northwood kid......probably the most exciting match of the day......sorry about that......

Hey charger dad... the injured memorial wrestlers going to be ready for sectional.. hate to see three solid wreslers out. get healthy

flickinger and blodgett are probably done.....sad for both as they ares seniors.....kendall is planning to comeback but we'll see how he feels this week.......and he's a senior too.....i guess it's all part of the game......

yeah i hear ya.....hopefully the team can get another sectional team victory next weekend.....gonna be tuff but we have some jv kids stepping up and while they might not be doing as well as our varsity guys, they are getting valuable experience for next year.....gonna be a rebuilding year but i still think we'll put a good fight against all of our nlc foes......

i would be telling the NLC goodbye if i were broadcast sports......they should appreciate the fact that the conference and it's teams are getting free exposure......

i didn't really pay attention to it but i do not believe broadcast sports was there yesterday.....a lot of video going on but i don't think any of it was them.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.