UNI Open

Bruschi

Brady over Porras 8-1.  If Brady can get by Gabe Moreno he could wrestle Tsirtsis in semi's.  Moreno wrestled Tsirtsis in the dream team classic in April.  Caleb Irvin from Kentucky looks tough in the top half of the bracket. 

Tsirtsis (unattached) wins UNI Open with a 18-0 tech fall in the finals at 149.  Score wise he didn't seem to be in major danger the whole day.  Looks like he's back to his old form.

Atwood won at 197 for the Boilermakers.  Chad Welch 2nd at 174.

Tsirtsis (unattached) wins UNI Open with a 18-0 tech fall in the finals at 149.  Score wise he didn't seem to be in major danger the whole day.  Looks like he's back to his old form.

Atwood won at 197 for the Boilermakers.  Chad Welch 2nd at 174.

I thought I read that Tsirtsis was red shirting this season due to injury? Did he heal faster then expected? Is he going to be in the starting line up.for NW the rest of the season? Just curious! Go Tshirts

I thought I read that Tsirtsis was red shirting this season due to injury? Did he heal faster then expected? Is he going to be in the starting line up.for NW the rest of the season? Just curious! Go Tshirts

He had surgery to get his injury taken care of earlier.  That gave him a chance to get some mat time in his red shirt year if his recovery went ok.  I'm guess the idea is to have him ready to make the starting line up and a  NCAA run by next year.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.