Evansville Memorial

They have some great returning wrestlers and made the biggest improvement in the Central Sectional last year. Any idea who will be at what weights next year? What weight will Wedding be at? Any ideas?

Not really. It depends on who works the hardest in the off season. I know there are some pretty underclassmen and freshman coming in. Reitz and Mater Dei will have some solid wrestlers come in from JV as well. Memorial impressed me the most last year with the kids improving so much.

Lane finished runner up to Maurer (MD) at 195 in the Sectionals and 3rd behind Maurer and Halbig (Princeton) in the Regionals.  Both Maurer and Halbig went to State. 

I can't remember the details but I think Lane lost a tough match in the go round at Semi-state?  He seems like a hard working kid with a good attitude - very strong.

Wedding (M) who state qualified, kelley (ce) who got 5th, Davis, Johns, Schnaar, Kuhn, and more should do well from reitz, couple state qualifiers, along with the tyler ferguson who was behind kuhn this year, mater dei will have someone tough in every weight class, Mastasin (Ha).

Who else?

Memorial has really improved the past couple of years.  In addition to Wedding and Arney who else do they have coming back?  Does Mt. Vernon have anything?  North Posey?  Central will have Kemper and Kelley and they both will be studs, but at what weights?  Does Central have much else?  Reitz will be full of studs at the lower weights again with Kuhn, Ferguson, Davis, Johns and up top will have Schnaar.  It will be interesting to see what weights the lower guys go and how they all shake out.  Can Kuhn make 106 again?  Harrison will have Mastison back and I can see him going 113 again or maybe 120.  Either weight he will be very good.  MD will have a solid group of wrestlers.  I believe they have 4 state qualifiers back and some solid JV kids as well.  Can't wait to get started again.  Only about 6 months away!

138 could be STACKED. Theoretically, if Brensen from MD (SQ), Logan from Me (former state placer and qualifier), and Kelley from Ce (state placer), it could be the best weight class next year.

That's just if all the stars line up, it'd be fun to watch.

If Kuhn makes 106 again, then he lost a leg.

Where will Kemper be?

Davis, Mastasin, and Seng, could we see them all at 113 or 120? Would be another fun one.

Wright and Hoehl should be in the finals of everything next year in HWT.

220 or 195 should be all Duvante Lane from North.

Look for memorial to make the biggest jump if they continue the way they have.

Reitz and Mater Dei have a log jam at the lower weights. Reitz from 106-126 should be the toughest in Indiana. Kuhn is small but so is Ferguson. I say Kuhn or Ferguson at 106 with the other at 113 and Johns was cutting last year and could go 126 or 132. Davis, Kuhn and Bruce could all go 120. I think Kuhn is too small to go 120. That means Davis or Bruce at 120 and Johns at 126 would be my guess. Mater Dei has a couple of beasts coming in and it will really rattle the SIAC plus they have several returning SQ.

My guess is that Davis will go 113, was easily under 120 this post season and not cutting.  By the way he is a really great kid, he was wrestling my son at folkstyle state when my boy got hurt.  He had a pinning combination in, stopped wrestling looked at the referee and told him "he is hurt pretty bad".

Sportsmanship memory I will remember the rest of my life!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.